Hunting with my Big Brother

One of the best parts of hunting is the camaraderie that can be had when hunting with family and friends. This hunt was the first time my brother and I had hunted together in a long time, and we had a blast stalking this buck like a couple of hungry wolves. My brother Aaron is the epitome of "take your time" and just about gave me an ulcer waiting for him to take the shot. The buck almost got away because of that, but it all worked out in the end!

(It was about a 350 yard shot with the little ol' .22-250 and it put this mature buck down with no effort!)

What Kinda Candy Are you Setting Out There In That Same Spot?:D
lol….. Hot does always help! This was from a few years ago. Numbers were a lot better, and not quite as much pressure as now. The last few years have really changed. I can still find them, (lots of private access), but it’s getting harder and harder for sure!

I think the real key, though with these hunts, is that these bucks stage up in the wide open because it makes them feel secure, But if you were willing to do a hands and knees crawl for a quarter to half a mile, it’s amazing how much you can get away with. That buck had no clue we were there. More hunts like this to come soon that showcase this tactic.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom