Hunting travel with the Polaris RZR

cannonball

Very Active Member
This is directed to those of you who think there is a place for RV's on the road during the hunting and fishing seasons. I am looking for the plus' and minus' of the RZR vs the regular single person ATV.

I am looking at a new 2010 RZR for $10,200.00 and want to know what your experiences are?

Buy 2 personal atv's. Much better I promise.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Clearance would be my biggest concern in rough country.

But for recreational riding where clearance would not be an issue, i would go with the RZR..

I have as much clearance on my RZR as most atv's and more then some.

Aftermarket wheels and a lift, plus a 1/2" skid.

I have a couple of ATVs and a RZR.

Pros on the RZR - comfortable, some protection from the sun and rain, heater, XM satellite, a little more room for gear, being able to have someone to talk to, fast, and fun to drive!

Cons on the RZR - less ground clearance than my ATVs, the stock plastic skid plate is garbage, and not too good of gas mileage. I get about 80 miles on a tank (approx 10 mpg).

Not sure if it would fit in my toy hauler if I put a lift kit on mine which would be another con.

Needless to say, I rarely ride my ATVs anymore if that tells you anything.

I have a Rhino and it sure seems to go anywhere my old ATV's ever went. I am considering a Polaris Ranger EV after they have been out for awhile due to no noise.

The plus that I can see with a UTV is that the animals would not be able to see your sillouette(I dont know how to spell) as easy. On an atv they can see you and know what you are, they have learned the game since everyone chases them from an atv. Also if your in areas where you can use them to retrieve game, the bed would sure come in handy.
Other than that I would not own one. I worked in the industry for years and saw too many negatives. They dont suit my personal requirements. Lots of people love them though.

That John Denver is full of $#!t man

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom