hunting shows

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-11 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-11 AT 03:39?PM (MST)

Alright, how do you guys feel about some of these hunting shows anymore. my tv was alaways on the outdoor channel, lately its staying away.

it doesnt intrest me when they go to texas and sit in a big ol tree stand that has recliners in them. or one with heaters or air condtioners.

one i just seen had a a guy go tohunting lodge. next day walk to a feild and you could still see the lodge in the background and he smokes a huge 390 class bull. then they sit there and state they hunted so hard for days in and out.

or they shoot a 180 class whitetail and say this deer is only a 2 and half year old. i was visting my parents and we were watching a hunting show and this guy goes on how they have hunted so hard and take down a 3x3 whitetail that maybe scored 70 to 80 boone and crockett and they go on saying he is a 6 and half year old deer. i was looking hard at his head and looked pretty young to me. the hunter went on how tough it is to shoot a buck like this at this age. we recorded it the dvr and when people stop by we play it for them and get a good laugh.

so what are some good hunting shows out there. one show i kinda like is best of the west. watching them shoot long distance. the biggest reason i like it cause the outfitter of the show is based near me in wyoming and i play guess the area he is in hunting.

i do enjoy eastmans to. cause there local. i went into there office today and they treated me great. they asked about my mountain goat hunt, what my other hunting plans are. showed me some pictures. it was great. they took the time to chit chat with me.

There are only a couple shows I can even stand to watch anymore, On your own adventures and Eastmans are my top two. I just can't relate to those other shows. I mean guys flying to hunting "camp" in a private jet or rolling up in $150,000 motorhome and shoot a buck or bull that has had more surveillance on it than Osama Bin Laden. Its just not reality for most of us regular joe hunters.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-11 AT 04:15PM (MST)[p]cant forget they spend most of the show of what there doing and how it happened.

go on and on why they picked a location why the treestand is here. tell you what they hope to happen. they shoot the animal. they tell you 2 times up in the stand how it just happended. then they get the animal and go on again for the 4th time how everything just happened.

another favorite they state man now that i got this deer or elk down the real works begins. then the qaud pulls up.

I don't care for most of them anymore.. The reenacting gets old.. I like the way Eastman's was (or is,been a long time since I have watched)..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Eastmans and Shockey's The Professionals are good watching. The rest are subpar to outright unwatchable.

Eldorado

>Eastmans and Shockey's The Professionals are
>good watching. The rest are
>subpar to outright unwatchable.
>
>Eldorado

i forgot about shockeys. that guy knows how to get out and get it done.great show there to.

I THINK MOST OF THE HUNTING SHOWS NOW ARE JUST PAID ADVERTISEMENT FOR OUTFITTERS. BUT I STILL WATCH SOME OF THEM

About the only ones I watch anymore are Eastmans and On Your Own Adventures.

I do enjoy the Bone Collector Episodes that have Blake Shelton on them, he'd be a hoot to share hunting camp with.

I like Eastmans and On Your Own too.

I wonder if Blake Shelton takes his wife hunting.

>About the only ones I watch
>anymore are Eastmans and On
>Your Own Adventures.
>
>I do enjoy the Bone Collector
>Episodes that have Blake Shelton
>on them, he'd be a
>hoot to share hunting camp
>with.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Wonder if She'd like to stay in my Tent for a night or two?:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Another vote for On Your Own and Eastman's....once in a while there will be an episode of something else but most are HORRIBLE. (I think those folks would literally wet their pants if they had to come hunt for real.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I enjoy On Your Own but I can see corporate hunting beginning to take hold. I certainly hope the show stays as simple as it is now.

Now it were were to rate shows on hunting hotties, I'd be throwing that little Tiffany chick in. She is a cute little cuss.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I agree with you, most of the shows are a joke, sitting in a stand over a food plot and shooting a buck, then high fiving - come on get real - only show I like is Eastman's they actually hunt.

wildsage

I dont like the shows with a 'star" iTS HARD TO TAKE wADDELL SOMETIMES . Cameron Hanes was a regular joe at one point now he has reached the status of stardome getting away from his DIY roots this week he killed a big bull on a private ranch lodge style fimed for next year airing . I see these threads alot about hunting shows where we say I dont watch em anymore I say bull crap we watch I dvr em and binge on a saturdat sometimes watching alot skipping thru the crap .

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-11 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p]>Lost all interest. More entertaining
>to read MM nonsense.
>
>DC

I couldn't agree more. At least here ya know everybody is full of B.S. truth be told I get more useful or useless info from here than any TV show.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Another vote for Eastmans and on your own adventures. Can't stand the guided crap!!!! They need to come up with a show about the average hunter who doesn't kill a monster trophy, but average animals like most of us kill.

>Another vote for Eastmans and on
>your own adventures. Can't stand
>the guided crap!!!! They need
>to come up with a
>show about the average hunter
>who doesn't kill a monster
>trophy, but average animals like
>most of us kill.

but the pros do tell us how hard they had to hunt on that guided high fence hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom