Hunting show BS

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
The Northwest Hunter just had an episode where they were hunting the scrub bull.

If any of you don't know what they are calling a scrub bull. It is a freaking cow. They are calling it a depredation hunt. Because these cows are wild they say and come in and eat their bottom bales of hay on their haystacks causing them to fall and then running off. They say they are elusive and are hard to hunt because they will just go into the brush and hide.

These hunting shows must be hitting rock bottom to have to air a cow hunt with a rifle.

It sounds like the only thing harder to hunt with a rifle than a turtle is a cow. Since I have taken a turtle I want a full size cow mount more than ever.

Have any of you hunted these elusive brush bulls?
Does any one know if I can hunt a freaking cow up in Corrine Utah?

lol i was watching that too. Didnt seem to "elusive" to me. Looked exactly like a cow that had gotten loose. I dont know why you would hunt that unless they make good beef.

I watched them hunt bulls....beef bulls, in Hawaii. Those dudes were as wild and mean as Cape Buffalo and every bit as hard to sneak up on.

The wind changed on the hunter I watched and he and his guide had no cover whatsoever. The guy made a perfect shot at 40 yards after this bull had actually run 200 yards right at them.

Here is a wild herd of killer cows we encountered in CO this year. You can see the hate in their eyes.

c0cows207yf3.jpg

Calif_Mike

Can't believe I'm about to admit this, but on a deer hunt in NM about six years ago, for lack of any deer to stalk, I decided to see how close I could sneak up on a couple bovine. It weren't that easy. They busted me before I closed within a hundred yards and stampeded to the next county. That's the sort of thing to cause one to second guess his own skills...

Bovines + 1, mozey + 0.

One time my brother in law and went to pima co. AZ and bought some Papago Indian cattle out of the AZ desert for cheap, the idea was to bring them home stick them on good feed and then rope them for a summer. Papago cattle are basically long horns crosses so they can get pretty wild and have a good set of horns! Everything went as planned, we got back with the catle,6 head, and hauled them to the mountain to put them out to pasture; I can still here my brother in law say "These boys aint gonna know what to do with all this feed, their gonna walk out in that grass and their heads are gonna fall off" Well, their heads didn't fall off then or after they hauled a$$ on a dead run 200yrds and through a 5 wire fence and out of sight. I didn't say a word; I just stood their in disbelief! It was two months horse back before we even cut a fresh track @ a dirt tank and out of the 6 head, 2 were gathered by 7mm and one has yet to be found, the other three we caught at water and were able rope, and that's a whole other story! It doesn't sound like the same circumstance, these cattle dang sure made us work for it, I only whish they were sneaking in steeling hay!

Son

What did the gay scrub bull say to the others as he closed in on them eating?...
"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

About 15 years ago while bowhunting I did the sneak on a cow thing. It took an hour to close up on it and I got close enough to whack it on the back while giving a scream. I was amazed at how quick the hind leg came whizzing by my ear. That would have left a mark and I didn't try it again.

I also helped some friends try to round up one last cow that didn't want to leave the allotment. We were on horseback and never did succeed. A week later they were back at it and managed to get a lariat around it's head, the cow promptly jerked the saddle sideways dumping Jake since he had tied off to the horn. A week later he shot the damned thing and they got the lariat back and ended up quartering and packing. That was one wild cow.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom