Hunting Season Planning/Apps

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I'm just curious how many of you acutally sit down and look at the dates of all the hunts you put in for or do you just put in and hope that they don't conflict? This really is the first year that I'm going to need to be concerned with dates of the various states I'm putting in for. I know I'm heading to Utah so all the other hunts need to be planned around that hunt. How much work goes into your apps and plans?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

I try to plan the dates when I put in... Kaibab archery is a PITA, they wait till the last minute to show results..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I DOUBLE CHECK IT, THEN CHECK IT AGAIN & AGAIN AS DRAWS APPROACH & PASS. NOT ONLY IS IT THE PITS TO HAVE TO EAT A TAG, YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. BEEN LUCKY SO FAR........ALSO HAVE DRAWN A LOT OF GOOD HUNTS......YD.

I never apply for hunts that over lap. I'm unwilling to buy a tag and not use it. I don't put in for real hard draws any more.

(If I had known I was going to live this long I would have built up more points:))

Roy applies for all the turtle tags. He probably draws a dozen tags a year that he can't use. It gives him great pleasure to beat someone else out of a tag too, even if he burns it.

Eel

I sit down and figure out the dates so there's no overlap either. If there is then a couple days is ok but not much more. It paid off last yr, I hunted from august 1st to the first week of october.

plan it all out, between putting in for my son, wife and myself it takes a spreadsheet some times between the 3 of us and several states..although it mostly pionts only the next few years its still a pain in the a$$ some times.

I don't worry so much about it as I apply only for one unit in CO every year. Don't even worry about scouting either. I do go up about 10 days early, but that is only so I can mark my buddies campfires.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom