Hunting Related iPhone Apps???

Founder

Founder Since 1999
So, you guys that use iPhones, what applications are there out there that can be helpful to a hunter?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an android and many developers write apps for both. So, one app I really like for reading message boards is Tapatalk (available for iPhone, android, blackberry, and nokia). I think it would be great if you would integrate with them. It makes message boards on your phone really nice. BTW, this post is not meant as an advertisement for Tapatalk as I have no affiliation with them other than as a happy customer of their product who would like to be able to use it on this forum.

I like the Ballistic app for informational purposes.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Google earth can be helpful... Also weather bug...

I imagine both apps could be useful in the field, both are free. Not necessarily "hunting apps" but you get my drift I'm sure.

I have a buddy with an iPhone that is in no way a hunter, but he had this cool app that could come in handy. It was for animal sounds. All sorts of animal sounds. Had a great duck call. Great distress call for Yote hunting. And even had a cow call and a bull bugle and it sounded really good and was pretty loud. I thought it was neat.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

The i-snipe ballistics calculator works pretty well. When I typed in my load info, it's chart was almost identical to the exbal charts I have for my guns.

Google maps with aerial photos, "shooter" ballistic app, and numerous game calls. And ohya for buying new hunting gear :)

...Can't believe I forgot! And watching Founder's podcasts!!!

They've been great Brian. You've put some miles on those feet.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Primos has an app with all of their calls. Elk, deer, turkey, predator and duck/geese. The elk bugle has a feature that is sound activated so you can practice your bugle and it activates the phone bugle to help you get it just right.

Prism has a really good ballistic app but I can't remember the name of it. He's worked up some "dope" for me many times and the accuracy is unmatched. Maybe he will see this post and chime in. It could be that i-snipe app mentioned above but i'm not sure. I'm a Blackberry user because I have Verizon. As soon as they get the iphone I will switch.

It's always an adventure!!!

Do they got an app about how not to walk behind horses with red ribbon tied to their tail? lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Topo Maps

You can download the maps (USGS topo maps) you'll need before the hunt. Once the maps are in your phone you no longer need a cell signal. It will work with just the GPS signal.

I second topo maps. You get every map in detail for seven dollars.
It is as good as the garmin oregon that is $400.00.
I think this is the biggest reason to get the iphone all-in-one.
It works on a true gps reading not cell towers.

I also really like the audio books app. now you normally don't think of the something like this being a hunting app but it sure makes the time go by faster in the blind. I was fun listening to call of the wild in the blind.

Also eastman's podcast are a good way to pass the time.
Along with all of the other movies and music that is available.

If you're in 3g you can also get up to date weather info. Which can be useful. The ksl live casts can play to see if a storm is coming.

How are you guys putting the topo maps on the iphone? Please give me a crash course as I cant figure it out. Thanks

To get the topos on your iPhone just open the app store and search for topo maps. I bought the one that has a photo of a folded map it's 7.99, purchase it and it will install automatically. Somewhere in the purchasing process or the first time you run the app it will give you a tutorial on how to use it. For 8 bucks I have maps for 2/3 of the state of Wyoming and all my old stomping grounds in UTopia.
Once I do the newest update I'll get the land ownership maps as well.

Prism has the Ballistic FTE (Field Tactical Edition)... It is AWESOME and ACCURATE... Its a good one...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom