Hunting Movies? Please help

• Thread starter needsomehelp (Guest)
  • Start date
N

needsomehelp (Guest)

I am doing a research project on hunting in general. A combination of five different papers. Anyone know any hollywood movies about hunting? Not hunting movies where they just hunt but a story movie about hunting. Thanks

How about Surving the Game? Oh sorry, they were hunting Ice T. Good movie though. I can't remember seeing an actual hunting movie.

Ghost in the Darkness...thats about the man eating lions in africa. good movie. val kilmer and michael douglas

The film, "In The Blood", was made by director/producer George Butler of "Pumping Iron" fame. It chronicles the safari experience of two decendants of President Teddy Roosevelt, as they retrace his 1909 safari. The film was produced by Central Park Media.

Not specifically about hunting, but still a little in it; Jeramiah Johnson.

One of my all time favorites!

S.

:)

Thanks everyone! If you all still have more I would like to hear about them. Thanks

The Outlaw Josey Wales... greatest hunting movie ever made!!

He wasn't hunting deer and elk, but he was sure hunting!!

My kids watch Old Yeller all the time and it has multiple references to hunting and shows the kid shooting a deer.

There was a Charlton Heston Film where he played a trapper in the Grand Tetons.

Bambi, an anti-hunting film that portrayed hunters as slobs and poachers that blast away at anything that moves.

Another one, was on man killing lions in Africa, when they were building the railroad and the hunt that came afterwards. They have the mounted lions at the Field Museuum in Chicago...I don't remember the name of it.

How about movies on Daniel Boone, Lewis and Clark (they shot gobs of elk and other critters on their trek).

unfortunately, i cant remember the name of the movie, but i believe anthony hopkins and others were on a hunt after a grizzly or brown bear (dont remember). very good movie. it may have already been mentioned. anyone remember or know the name of the movie im thinking of?
nk

nk
It was called The Edge. Plane goes down with the billionare (Hopkins) on it as well as a photographer (Alec Baldwin?). Hopkins tries to get it on with the photographers wife all the while trying to stay alive while the bear is after them.

"The Edge"
More about being hunted than hunting. Well worth watching, none the less.
Hopkins is a stud!

The lion one might have been the "Ghost and the Darkness" about the maneating lions. Another newer one was like the "leaves of Autumn" or something. Jeremiah Johnson is one of my all time favorite Mountain Man type of movie. And there is a Steven Coonts movie that is 1-2 years old that isnt really about hunting but it opens up with a bunch of guys out at their hunting lodge is Minnesota or somewhere where an alien type confrontation occurs........... Allen Taylor......

Jeff Daniels made a movie that was released in 2003 called "Escanaba in da Moonlight" that is about a luckless northern whitetail hunter that has never tagged a buck. It is hilarious and well worth watching.

I think the movie "Ghost in the Darkenss" is based on true story, maybe someone can confirm.

The story was also in either in Field & Stream or Outdoor Life magazine, way back when, don't remember exactly when, maybe someone can also varify this.

The Deer Hunter is an old boring movie. It's worth watching once, but drink a pot of coffee before you sitdown for this one.

Irt,
The movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" was based on the building of the bridge over the Tsavo River. "Tsavo" means place of slaughter, and yes the movie was based on a true story. I read a book about why those lions were mankillers, and basically the author said man is just another part of the food chain in Africa. The Tsavo lions probably were taught by their parents that people were good to eat, as the place where the bridge was built was a crossing that had been used by slave traders for a couple of hundred years. It became a dumping place for the ones who were too weak or diseased to continue the journey and they either got better or wound up on the menu of lions. The lions in the movies were not the most prolific killers that Africa has ever known. In one area, over 1500 people were killed before the lions were. And they get really smart, eluding hunters with guns while continuing to kill. They make grizzlies look like girl scouts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom