Hunting means $$$

M

muleymort

I love to hunt and am looking forward to the ut general rifle. However every year the wallet seems to suffer a little at this time of the year. I am working now but need to make more money of find a better job. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated. Thanx and good hunting.
MM

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you. Maybe if you tell us where you are located and any special skills that you have someone here could help with some advice or a lead on a job. Good luck.

I know what you mean Mort. No matter how much I make, my bills raise right along with it. If you can find a way to supplement your income, and use that money strictly for hunting, that it the way to go. I've been doing taxidermy part-time for about 8 years, and it's working out great for me. My profession is in civil engineering, but finding part-time work that I love to do as much as hunting, and making enough money to pay for all my hunting, you just can't beat it. Of course it's just been the last few years that it's worked out that way. It took several years to build a consistent clientel base. I only do 20 or so heads a year, so the taxidermy stays fun, and the extra money is great.
Dan

Vini,
I'm in Albuq. I saw you're heading to Unit 52. That is my favorite part of the state. I've taken 3 elk out of there, but haven't been able to draw in 4 or 5 years.

I agree with you; it definately takes a toll on the wallet. For this reason I gave up on other hobbies such as golf, skiing..... I haven't missed much.

I live in slc, I have in-laws down in Las Cruses,NM. I visited them recently. I really liked some of the country i saw. Any good hunting down there?

There's some great hunting not too far from Cruces. I lived there for a few years working on a project for my company. The Cloudcroft area about an hour and a half east, holds great elk and turkey hunting. The mulies aren't bad either, but really crowded on the general hunt. Also, it's close the White Sands Small Missle Range, and Rhodes Canyon, which have gemsbok (oryx) hunts. It's a tough draw, though, and if you're out of state it's really expensive. To the west toward Lordsburg, you'll find mulies, coues deer and Javalina. Plus it's not too far from the Gila. The dove and quail hunting is the best in the state, also (at least that's what I hear). Not a bad place to be if you're a sportsman.

Yeah we went out to white sands. That was cool i was hoping to see some gemsbok but no dice. Sounds like i need to visit more often and maybe use their address to get a better price on some hunts. Thanx man
MM

If your into mining and want big bucks try Phelps Dodge mining Company,they are world wide. Labor pay is great. I'have working for them now for at least 2yrs. but have been spun off I don't know how many times have benn working in the same place 32 yrs. Have 43 mos. left been great but looking for better things. for information. Go to www.philpsdodge.com.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom