Hunting gear for kids

BillyBoB

I have spent several hundred,probably over a thousand dollars on hunting camo clothing (boots,jackets,coats,pants,socks). I'm taking my eleven year old son with me hunting this year for the first time and I can't afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on camo for him. Besides, he'll grow out of it in six months anyways.

So the question is: where do I go to spend the least amount on hunting gear for my boy? Do you have any recommendations?

Any advise would be helpful

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-11 AT 04:33PM (MST)[p]i quit buying camo. i just rock the carhart pants. green or brown. i have never had a problem. they seem to break my pattern up very well while elk hunting, or simply any hunting. some may disagree but i seem to have a hard time finding good comfortable pants. works for me.

so if he has any pants like that might help.

do you know anyone with kids that might have some hand-me-downs. some parents that have a stock pile of clothes sitting around?

Cabela's, Sportsmans, walmart... As stated, camos are not really needed. Dark, earth toned fabrics are all pretty good.

I'm a big fan of Carhart myself. I like how you'll spend thousands of dollars on gear for yourself, but are looking for the cheapest around for your son's first hunt. Personally, I'd rather my feet get frost bite and lose feeling in my upper body from cold and wet than spend thousands on my personal gear and have my son's first outing go sour from cold, wet, etc due to lesser clothing, etc.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom