Hunting dogs

D

driftersifter

I'm traveling to Montana for the month of September to hunt fish and enjoy the best month of the mountains. I want to bring my hunting dog along as she is a great bird dog. She can hold a point while you eat lunch. My question to all of you is how do you manage your dog while you hunt big game and or do overnite in the woods? I have a camper and a kennel for her. She rides on a wheeler no problem when traveling from drainage to drainage. Fishing however is a big problem as you can imagine. She is a big part of my life and leaving her in Wis. not really an option. I don't mind putting her in a Professional Kennel for a few days but not sure how available they are in Bozeman or Billings or White Sulpher Springs. I also posted on the Montana forum.

Thanks Mike

Mike
One of those GPS locators that range about 5 miles wouldn't be a bad investment on a trip like that. Just in case you lose her.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That sounds like a good idea; what does one cost? Keep those good suggestions coming.

mike

A GPS and chip are definitely good investments.

As for kennels, just do a Google search for Bozemzn Montana dog kennels and I'm sure you'll find plenty of options.

Have a great trip and be sure to write a report with pictures.

Mike,
I have a similar situation I will be Deer/Elk hunting in Colorado then going on to S.D. pheasant hunting. I posted in the Colorado section asking for kennel references for the area I will be in and got some great reply's. I found one I feel very comfortable with so they will be boarding him. I think he'll be happier there then being crated most of the day and I won't have to worry about getting back and letting him out to do his business.
Good luck and have fun sounds like a great trip.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom