Hunting Cabin Builds this summer?

Alaskabound

anyone else working on their hunting cabins this summer? We’ve been building on this one in alaska…
please share your dream projects…

IMG_6713.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6644.jpeg

Thank you, we like it.

We started about 18 years ago. Doing a little more each year. Hired out the foundation and framing. The rest has been myself, wife, brother and father.
That’s amazing! Life long dream to build my own cabin, hopefully will acquire land soon, I’m only 34 so I have some time. But I have found via a friend there is a lot more to it these days with zoning and planning, and inspectors! Looks like a great spot though!

No special projects planned this year just general upkeep. Which anyone that has a cabin knows, never ends. Fortunately, I like the work.
View attachment 153701View attachment 153700
I am assuming most of these cabins are going to be on septic. What happens when the system freezes? Heaters? Not used as much so leeching isn't a big issue? Make sure tanks are emptied enough so no worries? Sh!t outside? :)

Not Everybody Is On A City Sewer System Like In Downtown KALI!

I am assuming most of these cabins are going to be on septic. What happens when the system freezes? Heaters? Not used as much so leeching isn't a big issue? Make sure tanks are emptied enough so no worries? Sh!t outside? :)

Yes its on a Septic. I dont use the water or the toilet after Thanksgiving. Tank does not freeze solid. In the winter I just go on the snow and shovel it into the cleanout.

What's the final foundation going to be? Is there permafrost at your location? What you've done looks great.
the foundation is on helical piles driven down 17’ . there is definitely permafrost here. i’m also on a septic system with the tanks buried down 10’. We’ve been working on getting it dried in this year and finish it off next spring! Iv been hunting AK for 30 years and always planned on building up here.

dreams can come true!!

the foundation is on helical piles driven down 17’ . there is definitely permafrost here. i’m also on a septic system with the tanks buried down 10’. We’ve been working on getting it dried in this year and finish it off next spring! Iv been hunting AK for 30 years and always planned on building up here.

dreams can come true!!
Super! I assume you have community water and power to your land? Electricity/natural gas?

I remember some of the pix you shared on here during your cabin build 'mulecreek', always 1 of my FAV pix.

Robb
Log stair build was fun.
debarked log.jpg

sawmill2.jpg
2ndstep.jpg
photo 2.JPG

Extending the deck was one of the better projects.
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG

Interior siding went faster than I had anticipated.
before1.jpg
after2.jpg

My wife has better pictures over time. Last year she put a book together that covers the whole project start to finish. Really neat to see the boys as just babies in a crib when we started clearing a spot to build and then watch them grow as the project went on.

Still need to rock in behind the stove. Something I am reminded of every time we go up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom