Hunting Business ???

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
With all the hoopla about some really big trophies being taken
by various peoples who are with out a doubt in the hunting business. I was wondering if any one on here knows if any of these businesses buy these permits?

Or by your reading of the law are they required to, for things like video sales, water marked logos on photos, product advertising, magazine sales, outfitting services, placing trail cams for a paying client, and what not?

Here is what the law actually says as it pertains to most federal land.

"Commercial Filming"

A permit is required for all commercial filming activities on public lands. Commercial filming is defined as the use of motion picture, video taping, sound recording, or other moving image or audio recording equipment on public lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product for sale, or the use of actors, models, sets, or props, but not including activities associated with broadcast for news programmes. For purposes of this definition, creation of product for sale includes a film, videotape, television broadcast, or documentary of participants in comercial sporting or recreational event created for the purpose of generating income."

Some of them do. I think a lot of them don't though. I think it is only required if you are selling the footage - like in a hunting DVD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom