Hunting Blogs

dillon

Very Active Member
www.dillonhoyt.com

I know a few of you have hunting blogs where you post about your hunts, fishing trips, camping, videos, new gear, etc. I just redesigned my hunting blog with the help of my wife. I wanted to make the needed updates so it could be viewed on a smart phone and tablet. It looks good on my smart phone. I don't have a tablet.

If you have a tablet can you comment if it looks good or if something needs to be fixed?

Also if you have an outdoor blog or your own please comment with a link so other can check out your site.

I decided to include this video of some bucks I filmed in southern Utah in December when I was home for a few days. I like that Founder made it so we can embed them into our post.

Good luck in the hunt draws this year.

Dillon Hoyt
www.dillonhoyt.com

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 11:45AM (MST)[p]Nice video Dillon! I don't know anything about the tablet thing, sorry.

I have a question for you. I've tried to post a youtube video but I don't understand the instructions:

[youtube]video address[/youtube]
Select the Youtube "Embed" option and copy this portion of the address >>> youtube.com/embed/theaddress. Do not use any other portion of the embed code.

How do I select the "Embed" option? I've tried every way I can think of but can't get it.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 02:31?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 02:21?PM (MST)

Eel,
on your You Tube video, click "share", then choose "embed"

The embed code will come up in a popup window. Make sure the box labelled "use old embed code" is unchecked.

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://elkmtngear.com

When you do a post you will see this.

2877yt1.jpg

Click on the See How...Instructions Here, link. You will need to copy the top line in that looks like the image below.

7331yt2.jpg

You will then need to go to YouTube and find the video you want to embed. Click on "share" below the video when you have the video open to watch.

399yt3.jpg

If you clicked "share" you should see embed. Click on embed and copy the text.

755yt4.jpg

You do not want to post the who text you copy from the Embed section of YouTube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7jZ1-H0RLRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You only want the youtube.com/embed/7jZ1-H0RLRs portion. The code will be different for each video, this code is for the video I posted.

Copy the part you want in the place where the "video address" is below in the coding.

[youtube]video address[/youtube[

That should work.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom