Huntin rig?

MountainSqwabler

I'm about to pull the trigger and grab either a 2 door wrangler, a 4 door Cherokee, or something else that I know is great in the mountains. Curious what yalls hunting rigs are, and what you like/don't like, and would have preferred.

Best I can afford. 😉

IMG_20240807_163848451.jpg

Get a Cherokee with the fuel injected 4.0. Reliable, easy to fix and great off road. Lots of deals to be had. Fair amount of room too. I sold a 1992 I had that I should have made into my hunting rig. mtmuley

2008 4 runner sport. Decent gas mileage. Fold down seats with enough room to sleep in back when necessary. Turns around on a dime on narrow roads. Rides remarkable even in rough terrain. Locks all 4 up if you get in some tough snowy muddy terrain. Best dependable hunting rig I've ever owned.

Got over 200 k and still running strong. It may out last me but if not I'll try to get another one just like it. I know it will outlast me!

On my third Tacoma, still own 2 of them. Number 3 is my last cause it will out last me. Drive number 2 every day. Number 1 took all the punishment I could give it and I would bet is still on the road.

Took number 1 and 2 in some questionable places,, 3 is getting babied big time.

I probably prefer the taco over the jeep wrangler. I have both, the taco with a soft topper just hauls gear better and is more comfortable to sleep in. Some hunts that you cover a LOT of ground and not too cold the UTV can't be beat.

You can never have too many rigs and life is short so try them all!

I Noticed You Said More Comfortable Sleep In!

Trying To Sleep In Any Rig SUCKS!

I probably prefer the taco over the jeep wrangler. I have both, the taco with a soft topper just hauls gear better and is more comfortable to sleep in. Some hunts that you cover a LOT of ground and not too cold the UTV can't be beat.

You can never have too many rigs and life is short so try them all!

I’m in the process of building my Tacoma (2019 DCLB OR) to be the best hunting rig. What have you done to yours? What suspension are you running and tire set up?
I run an Icon lift on the front & have heavy Old Man Emu leaf springs in the back with a Firestone airbag set up. For the tires, I’m currently running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s.

I run an Icon lift on the front & have heavy Old Man Emu leaf springs in the back with a Firestone airbag set up. For the tires, I’m currently running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s.
What size tires and how much lift ? How do you like those leafs ?

The new 24 Toyota Land Cruisers are pretty sweet. Locking center and rear diffs and disconnecting sway bar. A tad pricey but super sweet. I just made the jump to one. Now I'll have to see if I hunt with it this year or if I will still use my 2005 pathfinder. I've only had it a week so parking in a parking lot is still a mind game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom