Huntin rig tires

slamdunk

I'm interested in hearing some opinions on good tires that you guys are running on your rigs.

Currantly i'm running 35" BFG all terrains on my Super Duty, but i'm REALLY liking the looks of the new Cooper mudders.
The tread is just like the Toyo's, but the neat sidewall tread is a bit differen't.

WAY good looking truck shoes though....anyone running them??

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I run the Toyo Open Country tires and love them.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Toyo Open Country Mudders on my 2500 Dodge Ram. One of two rigs not stuck on the opening day with a foot of snow on the two track.

Ed

4717c7c5555f3af7.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]Diamond #1's. Never been stuck yet. Enhances the experience also.:)

Edit: 3K, which half are you talking about?;-)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]mortgageman-
That is one good lookin set of spuds, my friend!!
Are those 35"s? Spendy?

All you guys are saying the same thing about the Toyo's.

"Eat more sheep, 10,000 coyote's can't be wrong"

BTW- i see the weights on the floor next to the tires, that's evil in my book :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Slamdunk - Thanks, they are 38's.

What's evil about the weights? Gotta lift somewhere.

But they're lying on the floor man, that's abuse!!
I'll get you a rack for X-mas ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

35's!!!

38'S!!!

THEY'RE NICE LOOKING TIRES!!!

BUT DO THEY PERFORM???

I'LL STICK WITH NARROW MORE AGGESIVE TIRES!!!

MAXXIS BIGHORNS OR MUDDERS STUDDED TO THE ASS WITH STUDS 1/8" LONGER THAN RECOMENDED!!!

MY TRUCK & TIRES AIN'T AS PERTY AS YOURS,THATS O.K.!!!

WALKED AROUND A NEW DURA-MAX THAT WAS STUCK THAT WAS WEARING THEM BIG TOYOS IN COLORADO LAST FALL!!!

YA,HIS JAW DROPPED!!!

THE BFG MUD TERRAIN AIN'T BAD BUT YOU CAN'T STUD THEM!!!

YOU GUYS JUST KEEP RUNNING YOUR PRETTY BOY TIRES & I'LL RUN MINE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Like I said earlier, and like Ty mentioned. Park at the trail head and hike or ride you way in.....

Tony!!!

NOW JUST GET ALL TARDS TO OBEY YOUR RULES!!!

THE MAIN MOUNTAIN ROADS THAT GET YOU TO THE TRAILHEADS HAD 24"+ SNOW ON THEM IN COLORADO LAST FALL!!!

WHEN ktc SAYS "RIDE"!!!

HE TALKING HORESBACK!!!

NOT POS ATV'S!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

300Tony,

Vibram is also a great way. If it gets muddy I park and go from there. No deer is worth a 35K pickup and gumbo mud eats any tire made into a racing slick!

Horseback makes the hunt nice. Quiet, no getting stuck, and a horse can be a good bird dog. Just my preference I guess. The mud bog races with jacked-up trucks and ATV's kind of sucks...bad!

I had the 37-12.50-20 Toyo M/Ts last on my truck and they preformed great. I think I got 38k out of them. When I went to replace them I found that the prices were through the roof. 2000 for a set of four. After a little research I found the Kumho in the same size for 1500 dollars. After 5k miles they have hardly worn at all. I would recamend these tire since they are 25% cheaper and have the same look and performance.
06GMC-1.jpg

Doug, go with the Toyo's m/t. I had the cooper stt's and they never stayed "round". They always bounced. The Toyos have been worth the money. I have the 35x12-50.18 and got them from Big-O in AF. Talk to Parly. He got them for me cheaper then the STT's.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Thanks Browtine!
I know Parley, that's where i got my BFG's.
They have been great tires really, i have no real reason to change other than the simple fact i love the look of the Toyo's.
I just figured i could save some moolah going with the Coops.

But i just don't like square tires...they just don't feel quite right! ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom