Huntin Fool Mag

J

joedirt5150

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-10 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-10 AT 02:06?PM (MST)

This buck was killed by jason carter. With huntin fool mag. They pulled a fast one on the actual hunter who found him and tried to kick him off the mountain. The actual hunter had a 25 yard shot when jason took the shot from a about 50 yards further behind him. This is what outfitters in utah are going to create. These 2 hunters were actually cousins. They dont want this pic out so they can put it im their mag. Please send it to every hunter in your phone book.

321big_buck.jpg

I have seen about 5 different stories online about this Buck and about 12 different text messages that say exactly what you wrote above. I don't know what happend on the mountain that day. Soooo, my question to you joedirt5150 were you there and saw what happend or just speading the BS?? HAWK

I'll take this email thread into the realm of first hand accounts. I too got that message and photo texted to me.

Later that day I got an email forwarded to me entitled
"My Southern Utah Buck". The email was written by Jason Carter.

Since I am a Huntin Fool member and have Jason's email I contacted him and asked him if he wrote this email. He confirmed he did.

Following is Jason's response.
>
>

As you probably know, I harvested a great buck this year in Southern Utah just south of Beaver Utah. Somebody (I would love to know who) started a rumor and sent it via cell phone text that I shot the buck out from under another hunter. The rumor is absolutely not true.

We bedded this buck and I stalked to within 35 yards of him and sat on him from 11:30 ? 5:30 p.m. He got up a couple times in the thick trees to re-bed but I didn't have a shot. At 5:30 he got up to feed a bit and I shot him. We video taped the entire hunt including the kill scene. This is the second year that I have hunted this buck. Last year I estimated he scored 215 or so but just couldn't get the job done. We scored him at 247 gross with right at a 200? 4 point frame. We plan on releasing the story and video in January of 2011.

There was another hunter by the name of Rylan Orton that was hunting with my cousins Daniel (the hunter I supposedly screwed) and Mitch Carter. He wrote the following and Daniel Carter texted it to me directly:

?In regards to the bogus story that has been spread around about this deer and the hunters that had him supposedly shot out from underneath them. I am the hunter that was with jasons cousin. jason and his huntin fool crew just out hunted us. While we went home for a nap jason sat on this deer all day in the sun and when we came back for the evening hunt jason shot this deer while we were on our way in to sit 150 yards in front of us. Jason and his crew did an awesome job and this story that has been going around is just gossip. Please forward to everyone that sends you the blown out of proportion story.?

Also, here is a text from Daniel Carter himself to me:

?I just wish this all wouldn't have got blown up like this. Welcome to beaver county. You killed him fair and square I hope the best for u. Your a great hunter?

I really appreciate those of you who know me well enough to stand behind me. It's too bad that we as hunters have to defend ourselves against faceless, nameless rumors. This one has spread faster than I have ever seen probably due to the magazine and the size of the buck.

Best of luck to everyone this year! Feel free to forward this email and/or call me with any questions.

Jason Carter
Carter?s Hunter Services

Does anyone recognize the guy in the photo? As far as I can tell its not Jason.

Interesting that this was the first post by "Joedirt5150". I'm inclined to say this post should go over in the haters forum.

Ive seen these jason at work and they dont seem to ethical of a hunter to me. but that deer must have been dumb. it had someone withen a 100 yards every day and was jumped of # of times but never left the area.

I keep hurting my neck looking at that picture. Could you please turn it the right way?

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

What does this make....like 7 threads on this buck and the "story"?

I love how everyone wants to "break" a negative story as soon as they can...so fast that they don't take the time to read other threads clearly titled as the same thing....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom