Huntin Fool - Alberta Ram

A

abhunt365

FYI Just confirmed with the Province court in Hinton, Alberta that the bighorn sheep court case for Garth is scheduled April 2- May 4th. Public record. Seems like a lot of time to set aside for a wildlife case ???

Innocent unless proven guilty. I doubt with all the trophies Garth has shot that he deliberatly broke the law. I heard it was a guided hunt.

Hmmm!...Thats what I thought about Kirt Darner!!!....Just because your guided, doesn't mean you can't be prosecuted!...At least the court decision will hopefully put all the speculation to rest!

I do not trust HuntinFool to do my applications! However, I'm sure that Garth is an honest hunter that would never break the law on purpose! He has too much to loose. I hate for any celebrity to be in trouble with the law for wildlife violations. It is bad for all of us. Garth is obviously one of the good guys and we should pool out money and pay any fine for him to show our support as fellow hunters. I'm serious! I will be very shocked if it comes out that Garth did something wrong on purpose, very shocked!

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

i hope your joking.... anybody who says he does a stone sheep hunt to help get into shape for his hunting season has plenty of disposable cash to pay for a lawyer.....i would not be shocked to learn he bent the rules to punch his tag

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I hope he is innocent. However, Sometimes the more successful people become the more pressure they feel to continue in that success.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-12 AT 04:09PM (MST)[p]If he did this I would hope they would treat him the same as you and me! Just because he has a Hunting Magazine he should get not away with just a slap on the hand! They would through the book at me in a minute!

IIRC the rumour was he killed a ram inside the Park. Hinton is just outside of Jasper National Park. If the rumour has any truth to it, it would be a hard one to blame on just the outfitter. You'd have to be more than just a fool to not know you were hunting in a National Park.

The "good book" talks about us being guiltless before we start casting stones. There aren't many of us who haven't unknowingly done something wrong while hunting.
When I was in the NWT I had no idea where I was because I was not carrying a map or a GPS. I was relying on my guide to keep me in the right Province, much less out of a Park.
Unless there are signs every quarter mile, hunting on the edge could get a little dicey and I know in some of those places hunting near the boundary is the only way to take a ram. Certainly one can never be too cautious in those situations.
At any rate, I will withhold any judgement until a verdict comes down, and even then, I will probably keep my pebbles in my pocket.

Flyingbrass
Ask Tiger if money will stop you from doing something stupid.
Being rich wouldn't stop you from being a fool sometimes it what cause you to be the fool.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Each of us relies on our reputation as our currency in life. Some of our careers depend on having a solid reputation.

I personally would carry a GPS loaded with the boundaries no matter how sharp the guide seems. Heck, if the guide drops and flops with a heart attack then I want my own GPS for dang sure.

If the maps are wrong or the boundary mis-marked then I might take a shot from the wrong spot. I will not be taking a shot from the wrong spot otherwise and if in doubt you do not take the shot.

Sure, the rams hug the boundary up there. All the more reason to be careful and load up on technology and maps for wayfinding.

>The "good book" talks about us
>being guiltless before we start
>casting stones. There aren't
>many of us who haven't
>unknowingly done something wrong while
>hunting.
>When I was in the NWT
>I had no idea where
>I was because I was
>not carrying a map or
>a GPS. I was
>relying on my guide to
>keep me in the right
>Province, much less out of
>a Park.
>Unless there are signs every quarter
>mile, hunting on the edge
>could get a little dicey
>and I know in some
>of those places hunting near
>the boundary is the only
>way to take a ram.
> Certainly one can never
>be too cautious in those
>situations.
>At any rate, I will withhold
>any judgement until a verdict
>comes down, and even then,
>I will probably keep my
>pebbles in my pocket.

Our Federal Parks are clearly marked. The borders are cleared and signs are probably closer than every quarter mile as we are metric up here. ;) Like I said, if the rumour has truth to it, this will be one that they just won't hang the guide as the client would have to be blind not to know where he was hunting. If this was a Federal Park ram, there will be serious consequences too as it falls under Federal laws not just provincial wildlife laws. This is one to watch. Those that have poached sheep in our National park system in the past have been dealt with harshly. Jail time and serious fines.

how dare you cannucks mess with a rich american folk hero....shame on you.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Our Federal Parks are clearly marked.
>The borders are cleared and
>signs are probably closer than
>every quarter mile as we
>are metric up here. ;)
>Like I said, if the
>rumour has truth to it,
>this will be one that
>they just won't hang the
>guide as the client would
>have to be blind not
>to know where he was
>hunting. If this was a
>Federal Park ram, there will
>be serious consequences too as
>it falls under Federal laws
>not just provincial wildlife laws.
>This is one to watch.
>Those that have poached sheep
>in our National park system
>in the past have been
>dealt with harshly. Jail time
>and serious fines.

You mean Canada isnt part of the United States? ;-)

TUCC

>how dare you cannucks mess with
>a rich american folk hero....shame
>on you.
>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Folk hero? He is a full blown celebrity let's pool our money and I mean quick.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Burn him at at the stake guilty or not! He is rich, make an example of him! Give me a break!!! I guarantee that everyone on here would hope that you were innocent until proven guilty. Let the court system do its thing and then be the judge.

Apparently I need to change the way I do things. When I have gone to BC, I have taken my GPS but not maps or even worried about where we were at. I am paying the outfitter a ton of money for stuff like that. I am sure the guide and outfitter would be ecstatic if I pulled out my map and GPS at the top of each ridge and questioned them about where we were and where we were going. That would be a fun trip with that guide.

If a guide gives me crap for checking my GPS before heading over a ridge or taking a shot then we have a problem.

Following the law and safe weapon handling is something everyone on the hunt should take seriously. I am not comfortable knowingly delegating away any responsibility that could result in me paying fines, serving jail time or losing hunting priviledges.

Outdoors, so if you were to go on a guided hunt. You would have a GPS with the boundaries of the outfitters hunting area all programmed in? Interesting. Never thought about doing it.

Heading to Namibia and putting alot of faith in the operator to know the boundaries of his concession and won't even blink about where he takes me or tells me we are allowed to hunt.

>Outdoors, so if you were to
>go on a guided hunt.
>You would have a GPS
>with the boundaries of the
>outfitters hunting area all programmed
>in? Interesting. Never thought about
>doing it.
>
>Heading to Namibia and putting alot
>of faith in the operator
>to know the boundaries of
>his concession and won't even
>blink about where he takes
>me or tells me we
>are allowed to hunt.

We obviously differ on our level of comfort with relying on guides to prevent violations. My observation of guides is they span a wide spectrum from great to criminal.

Guides can make unintentional mistakes. A ram is not quite 3/4 curl, for example. I will not take a shot if I am not comfortable. If the guide gets heartburn then they can reconsider their career choice of an industry that places you face to face with customers with varying abilities and personalities.

The person central to this case sells maps at their website and has significant resources to buy the best GPS and map sets.

My GPS is 3 years old and displays boundaries for national parks. Detailed maps showing ownership are unit boundaries are available for several western states. If Canada has these maps then I am buying them prior to arriving in Canada to hunt.

The person in this case has been on dozens of dall/stone/bighorn hunts including in Canada so is not too much of a stretch to assume he understands the importance of boundaries without relying on the guide to remind him.

Have a wonderful hunt in Namibia!

What the hell does it even matter to any of us?

It is truely Garth's business---not any of our's.

Some 1 Post 'Agenda' guy spills the negative news--and the bandwagon goofballs jump on.

For hell sakes-----

Robb

Hey talking about chit we don't know about is just life in America. Look at the guy who shot the black kid in Florida you can't turn on a tv with out seeing that on every channel and every news station.Isn't that the same thing ? we don't know what really happen but the whole damn country is talking about it..just the way it is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom