Hunter Alert?

Hiker of the Woods

Has anyone read page 5 in the new "Oregon Hunter" magazine?

It says,"animal rights organizatons angry with Oregon's newly drafted cougar management plan are working on a five-year campaign for a total ban on cougar hunting in Oregon."

Any info on what OHA plans to do?

so whats new, they've always have been mad, the problem lies with us hunters not getting together to fight back......

Lets face the facts. Oregon is controlled by the left who believe there should be no cougars killed in Oregon. The same group also believes there should be no hunting season for deer or elk in Oregon. Unless the hunters in Oregon stand up in what "WE" believe the "left" will have there way. I have seen the deer numbers around Klamath Falls go from decent numbers to down right dreadfull numbers due to the number of cougars.

Sadly the number of hunters in Oregon are dismall compared to the number of liberal tree huggers in Oregon.

The only way I see the deer/elk numbers coming back is if individual county's in Eastern Oregon have a vote if they would allow cougar hunting with dogs. Otherwise deer/elk numbers will continue to decline.

I'm never down around Klamath Falls, but I have heard that OSP was going to spend quite a bit of time around there this year because of the amount of poaching going on down there. I also know that just as many and if not more animals are poached around Oregon than are legally harvested. Again, that is just word of mouth.

Back
Top Bottom