Hunt Onyx

deadibob

Long Time Member
Has anybody used this software with their GPS or Phone. I'm hunting Montana for the first time this year and it sounds like showing the property owners and boundaries may help with the learning curve of hunting a new area/state. Any pros or cons would be appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-16 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]I'd bet that there are more guys hunting the western states that use either their chips or downloads than those who don't. I hunt Wyoming every year and wouldn't go out there without that chip in my GPS! Even all the WY GWs now have Garmins with those landowner chips in them.

+1

Have one for my Garmin 62S and wouldn't leave home to scout or hunt without it. Outstanding and worth it.

Got the state chips for my Garmin and they work great. I actually used mine in Montana last year and shot a deer right off a fence line on public ground. The other side was private. As far as the app for your phone, they have put a lot of new features on it this year. Makes it a lot better than years past. If you are a member of RMEF then the one year app subscription is free for your phone. If you need to download maps when you don't have service on the phone it takes a lot of gig space off you phone. That's about the only thing bad I can say about hunt maps. If your interested in my card for your GPS for Montana I would be willing to sell it to you for $50, that's half price. I bought the card in 2014 and have not updated the card but it should be fine.

I have used onxmaps for a few years now and my Garmin 450t & my coffee/binos go with me everywhere now.

>Got the state chips for
>my Garmin and they work
>great. I actually used mine
>in Montana last year and
>shot a deer right off
>a fence line on public
>ground. The other side was
>private. As far as
>the app for your phone,
>they have put a lot
>of new features on it
>this year. Makes it a
>lot better than years past.
>If you are a member
>of RMEF then the one
>year app subscription is free
>for your phone. If you
>need to download maps
>when you don't have service
>on the phone it takes
>a lot of gig space
>off you phone. That's about
>the only thing bad I
>can say about hunt maps.
>If your interested in my
>card for your GPS for
>Montana I would be willing
>to sell it to you
>for $50, that's half price.
>I bought the card in
>2014 and have not updated
>the card but it should
>be fine.

Thanks deer. I don't know yet if I'm going to do it on my phone or buy a gps. I got rid of my last one and would need to buy another if I'm going to do the chip.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom