Hunt Of A Lifetime Foundation antler search 6/26

L

lucky

Hey folks,
The Hunt Of A Lifetime Foundation will be attempting again to locate the antlers from an elk that one of our kids shot last year in the late hunt. The short story is Troy was a young man who was suffering from cancer and he shot a nice bull, the shot was a little back and our HOAL volunteers and guides ended up looking for the bull a couple of days while Troy stayed back at camp due to him not feeling well. Troy's dad ended up deciding to take him home early from the hunt. Unfortunately Troy passed away within days of leaving camp. We are on a mission to find these antlers and get them back to his parents. We will be meeting at 8:00 am at highway 260 and the Southfork turnoff on Saturday June 26th. The turnoff to Southfork is between Greer and Springerville. We will have a sign in/sign out sheet for everyone to fill out and finish about 4:00 pm. Be sure to tell everyone to bring a lunch, water and good hiking shoes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a link to Stephanie Rainey's website and the story of Troy's hunt if you would like to see the full story.
http://www.raineyproductions.com/HOAL.html

Thank you,

Matt

good luck maybe troy will be there in spirit and they will be found...I would be there if it was possible hope you find it.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Thank you, for some reason I know we will find these antlers when we do I will post on Sunday when I get back.

Take care,

Matt

Matt,

I wish I lived closer because I would be there to help you guys anyway that I could to locate Troy's bull. I watched the video of Troy's hunt and I know it would mean a lot to his family to find his elk. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it would be as a parent to loose a child to a terminal illness, that's something I have always been very fearful of.

Best of luck on the antler search and take a few pictures when you find his bull.

Jim

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-10 AT 10:10PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/174663010.jpg

Good news, we searched all day Saturday up and down the mountain where we thought the bull would have went down. We all met back at the truck around 4 p.m. no one saw anything, as we were standing there licking our wounds Stephanie got a phone call from Tina Pattison who founded Hunt Of A Lifetime, she was frantic and said she just received a call from a man who said he was certain he had Troy's bull. Stephanie went by his house and her way back home. The man said that he bought them off a kid who said he found them in the area we were looking. He said when he saw them he knew they were Troy's and gave the kid money for them. He called Tina and said he wanted to see the antlers get back home, he said that he had a teenage son and hoped someone would do the same for him if he was in this situation.

Robin, Troy's mother was so excited, "she said she knew we would find them, I prayed you would. Now they can go on the wall where Troy wanted them to hang."

If I wasn't standing there for the whole event I would not have believed it possible, I really believe that everything happens for a reason and am thankful for all the hard work that people put forward to find Troy's antlers.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-10 AT 03:59AM (MST)[p]good call matt you said they would be found ya know troy was there guiding the way...

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom