Hunt Expo

Nope not a big fan of helping the SFW line there pockets with more money. Good luck to those who put in for the expo tags and hope you have fun.

You bet I'll be there. Had to change the family trip to Disney World by a week. Only chance I get to apply for all the species in the state! Good times for my family and myself. Hope to meet some you there!

Step 1 is always the hardest!

After the BS last year with the sheep tag I swore I wouldn't play the game any more , but now I'm thinking I will go just to look at all the cool new stuff .

I might put in for a few elk hunts . Since I'm not a big gambler in Vegas or Wendover , figure I can gamble on the chance for a elk hunt .

With the money i have spent on it since they started it i could of drawn a NV deer tag by now! I would rather give my money to get points to draw have a better chance at a hunt this way. Unless i can get a star by my name or change it to john i wont ever draw a tag!

I will stop in, it is kind of fun kicking around. I always run into a few people I know.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I just go for the overpriced beer...and to look at some huge AZ Strip deer and sheds while drinking my overpriced beer :)

~Z~

Flying in for the day, how can you pass up an oppurtunity to win a tag? but that's ok better odds for me to draw :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Thinking I may drive over from Colorado and bring my 3yr old. I was lucky enough to win an elk tag and a spotting scope so who knows???

I hate the Expo but I can't resist flushing a couple hundred dollars down the toilet and into SFW's "no strings attached" slush fund.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

I will be there! I have been patiently waiting, and choosing which hunts I will put in for. I have been pretty lucky this year, hopefully it will follow into the new year!

Swing by booth 1631 check out my desert bighorn that came from the dirty devil unit. I won the tag at last years Expo.

I'll be there!

Do they post drawing odds for tags drawn in previous years at the expo? Would like to see what the odds are behind some of the tags. Thanks

Looks like I am gonna miss it again I believe. Last year I took the kids on a cruise the same time and actually saw where my money went and enjoyed it.

No one on the cruise told me how great they were and how much they have done for the cruise industry. They didn't blow any fake numbers up my skirt saying how great my odds where to win a hunt that they took from me in the 1st place.

It was quit refreshing.

Good luck to those of you that do go, but most of you are just throwing your money into a slot machine and thinking "just one more pull and I will win, I am do for some luck".

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
The next buck to have a fawn will be the
1st.

>Any Kali boys going? any good
>hang outs, beer,steak house etc
>;)
>
>:0 )
>Thanks

beer ? this is utah we are talking about . There is no beer here . J/K . There are actually a couple of good bars down close to the show . Just can't think of their names right now .

>Looks like I am gonna miss
>it again I believe. Last
>year I took the kids
>on a cruise the same
>time and actually saw where
>my money went and enjoyed
>it.
>
>No one on the cruise told
>me how great they were
>and how much they have
>done for the cruise industry.
>They didn't blow any fake
>numbers up my skirt saying
>how great my odds where
>to win a hunt that
>they took from me in
>the 1st place.
>
>It was quit refreshing.
>
>Good luck to those of you
>that do go, but most
>of you are just throwing
>your money into a slot
>machine and thinking "just one
>more pull and I will
>win, I am do for
>some luck".
>
>
>
>Tony Abbott
>www.myfreehunts.com
>The next buck to have a
>fawn will be the
>1st.

>>Looks like I am gonna miss
>>it again I believe. Last
>>year I took the kids
>>on a cruise the same
>>time and actually saw where
>>my money went and enjoyed
>>it.
>>
>>No one on the cruise told
>>me how great they were
>>and how much they have
>>done for the cruise industry.
>>They didn't blow any fake
>>numbers up my skirt saying
>>how great my odds where
>>to win a hunt that
>>they took from me in
>>the 1st place.
>>Hell Tony, the way I look at it is that I've thrown two or three hundred bucks away on more stupid stuff and chances than the expo lotto. Try telling those two hundred people that drew those tags last year that they were just wasting their money.
>>It was quit refreshing.
>>
>>Good luck to those of you
>>that do go, but most
>>of you are just throwing
>>your money into a slot
>>machine and thinking "just one
>>more pull and I will
>>win, I am do for
>>some luck".
>>
>>
>>
>>Tony Abbott
>>www.myfreehunts.com
>>The next buck to have a
>>fawn will be the
>>1st.

>Good luck to those of you
>that do go, but most
>of you are just throwing
>your money into a slot
>machine and thinking "just one
>more pull and I will
>win, I am do for
>some luck".
>
>
>
>Tony Abbott
>www.myfreehunts.com
>The next buck to have a
>fawn will be the
>1st.

Kinda like myFreehunts.com, huh Tony? Only I actually know people who have drawn expo tags.

Thanks for the link rackman, but i couldn't find the list anywhere on that site..
Does anybody know if there are some Alaska Sheep tags available??

>
>>Good luck to those of you
>>that do go, but most
>>of you are just throwing
>>your money into a slot
>>machine and thinking "just one
>>more pull and I will
>>win, I am do for
>>some luck".
>>
>>
>>
>>Tony Abbott
>>www.myfreehunts.com
>>The next buck to have a
>>fawn will be the
>>1st.
>
>
> Kinda like myFreehunts.com, huh Tony?
>Only I actually know people
>who have drawn expo tags.
>

Now that right there was FUNNY!!!! I agree...he is only against pimping tags...if it is not him doing the pimping!!

LMAO!! FUNNY!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-10 AT 01:48PM (MST)[p]Tell Ya what fishon!

No sense in trying to draw a Tag through the DWR BIG GAME Draw either!

Just say F'it!

Poor attitude there Tony!

But We gotta Gamble a little bit in Utah!:D

I don't agree with everything the SFW has done but show me any other Organization that has done even close to what they've done for Wildlife?

I myself nicknamed Don PEAYDAY,He took it on the Cheek and Proudly wears it today!:D

Tell you what Tony!

You're an opportunist!

Go ahead and turn the Deer Herd around and it'll make you anything you wanna be,it's waitin for you Tony,it's starrin you in the face Tony!

GIT-R-DONE!!!

EDIT: }>}>}>!!!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-10 AT 06:44PM (MST)[p]That would be funny Wayne but the difference is I BOUGHT the hunt to give it away and did not take it from the public and give NOTHING back for it.

And ask Terry Graft of Tooele if he is glad that he put in for the hunt and is heading to New Zealand to hunt for 5 day's for FREE including airfare. Oh sorry, he has a $9.95 yearly membership he bought.

That puts him in for 4 DIFFERENT hunts that he can win. Plus lets him buy hunts and product at a discounted price. What does $9.95 get you at the expo? You can't even get in the door or apply for 1 hunt with that.

Enjoy fellas. Give your money to something that will give you NOTHING back. And by the way Terry and all the other myfreehunts members are already automatically entered into the drawing in February for the FULLY guided Mountain Lion hunt That I BOUGHT.

And Terry's photos of his New Zealand Stag will be up on the website in April for you all to enjoy. And it is not a hunt I took from any of you, it is a hunt I BOUGHT and gave away to one of my members.

WOW, interesting concept huh? And guess what else? I don't even know Terry Graft and have never met him.

How many people associated with the expo groups have drawn tags form the expo? That might raise a little suspicion with a few people.

Happy New Year

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

The irony runs deep in this thread.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I'll be there in the Vortex booth again this year. And even if I wasn't "working" I would still go, if for nothing else than to see some of my friends that I only get to see once a year.

I guess if you don't have any friends that you want to associate with, then by all means, stay home. It's a fun and enjoyable time. I know it's a gamble to get a tag, but like Bessy said above, I spend about as much every year putting in for hunts in Utah as I do at the expo. I can't put in for moose, buffalo, and sheep in the state draw and the odds are about the same. I am also out of the elk pool until next year and my odds at getting a tag are a lot worse with no bonus points than they are at the expo. Other than I don't have any hard feelings towards anybody there, I don't see a down side.

Tony - I have a question for you since you brought it up. You said that you would rather go on a cruise and know where your money went rather than go to the expo/apply for expo tags and wonder where your money went. So you refuse to apply for the tags or attend the expo. My question is, do you know where your state application money went over the last 25+ years? We can all guessa but do we really know? So are you going to refuse to put in for the draws this year in all the states you regularly hunt? I'm not sure I see the difference.

It's always an adventure!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-11 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p] WOW Tony, you gave away a high fence stag hunt. That is the ##### right there. Keep your high fence hunts. The times I have been to New Zealand (doing backpack Tahr and chamois hunts on DOC land and chopper free) I didnt bother with the High fence stag hunts. Does your Toole boy know that he dosent need a license or guide and can hunt anything he wants on DOC land for free year round and can kill as many animals as he wants without myFreehighfencehunts.com?

What other high fence hunts do you have lined up to give away Tony? Yourfreehunts is a freakin joke.

isayNunya these are some powerful words you just said
> Watch out people you are
>being scammed at myfreehunts.com

I never even new of this website let alone know if it is a scam or not and have no idea who this Tony is but unless YOU have been scammed by this website I don't see why you should post something like that, when you are referring to someones business...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Your right Mtman. Its not a scam. Tony is drawing a couple hunts a year and charging you 10 to get your name in the hat.
I appologize and edited my post.

Wayne

Have I done something personal to you to warrant your ignorant comments towards me and my site?

And to clarify your $9.95 a year membership fee gets you discounted hunt opportunities as well as product discount codes and enters you in for the featured hunt drawing which there will be 4 the 1st year. The current one is a free range Mountain Lion Hunt with Red Creek Outfitters for 5 day's.

So if you want to look at it as just an application fee like the expo (which it is not) then you are paying $2.49. per application. That is 1/4 of the amount you apply for expo tags that you don't even get bonus points for your expo applications like you do the DWR applications.

I think you are smart enough to see the difference.

Jim

When the expo tags were created it was promised that a significant amount of the money raised by them would go on the ground for wildlife in Utah and that there would be an report showing so.

Also it was agreed that the actual draw odds would be posted for each individual tag given away and that has never been done either.

I know this because I helped create the tags and the expo. This is not an opinion this is a FACT.

And with the state application fee's some of that goes to the company doing the draws and the rest goes to the game agency that offered the tag and they HAVE TO GIVE AN ACCOUNTING of that money.

So I am sure you can see the difference.

Happy Holiday Jim

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

Fair enough Tony. I'm not trying to antogonize you. I just wanted to get your take on the situation. I know you were heavily involved in the recent past. I don't think the difference is that as big as you state. Although the DWR has to give an accounting for their funding, where is the actual accoutability for a job well done, or in the case of our mule deer, a job not so well done? So I know that part of my application fees and license fees go to the DWR for wages, overhead, etc. Do they post a productivy chart anywhere or are we just supposed to take their word on it. You and I have talked about your frustration with the exact thing I am talking about so I know you feel the same way. What's your honest oppinion?

I make it one day with my daughter..weather providing...we like to joke about the new gadgets people come up with from one year to the next...

Jim

My opinion is the Hunt Expo tags were suppose to be transparent from the drawing, to the odds to the money.

It is not. There is nothing more to discuss. I will not support it because it is not what it was promised when we took the 200 tags out of the general draw.

I don't know how much more clear I can be.

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

>I may just end up going
>just to meet fellow MMers
>there but to poor to
>even put in for one
>hunt.

I feel your pain...Maybe we should meet up and share lunch off the dollar menu somewhere. :)

Traditional >>>------->

Why the hell would the DW give the tags away with nothing in return?? Yes I'll be there with extortion money.

fishon Wrote:
Dec-31-10, 06:42 PM (MST)

"How many people associated with the expo groups have drawn tags form the expo? That might raise a little suspicion with a few people."

fishon, Do you really think a few of the best tags are ear marked for buddies of Peay and his bunch? How would they dare? I have alway wondered. Last year our County Commissioner drew. I would really like to see the list generated by DWR's Nevada drawing list with the official list to match them up. Maybe Don will make that available to me. YA THINK?

If I get a free ticket, I'd make the trip down to see
Robb, Jim and Bess. I'd be happy to let each of them buy me
as many beers as they would like.

Have never been and unless I get the free ducket this year will be no different.

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

I'll be there, Just to see all the new expensive toys that come out this year!

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Hey woodtick,

You know my birthday is this week so if you want to pass along one of your expensive toys my way I would not complain.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-11 AT 03:18PM (MST)[p]Sh!t, I heard Stinkystomper was giving me the 10K for fixing his scope problem...........LOL

So far I have been able to stay away from this insane, unknown odds of gambling. Plan to this year to.

You guys have fun and drink a beer or two for me!

Ill be there. i blow a lot more money on worthless crap then these raffles. might as well put my name in the hat. its always a good time i think as well as the after party..

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

Money, Power and greed has a weird way of effecting people.

I have no idea what some people would do with the power. I just know that with www.myfreehunts.com none of my family or anyone helping me with the site is eligible to win any of the feature hunts giveaways.

To me that is just good business and takes out the suspicion of anything being rigged.

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

Never again. Sick of the crap storm SFW created. I do look forward to reading the winners of the tags and see which insider gets "lucky" this year. Quite a streak going for a random process.

That is their way of giving you the odds they want you to see,

Do you really believe you have a 1 in 219 chance at winning the Henry Mtn Tag? HELL NO. They lumped ALL the deer hunts together to make you think you have a real chance when in reality you have probably a 1 in 8,000 chance at the Henry Mtn Deer Tag.

Do you really think you have a 1 in 107 chance at the Pahvant Elk Tag? HELl NO, you probably have a 1 in 8,000 chance at the Pahvant elk tag.

It is the expo's way of making you think you have better odds at drawing a tag than you really do.

Does the DWR lump all the deer tags together to give you the odds? Hell no, they give you the odds for a specific unit and weapon type.

These expo odds are just one more way that they can mislead you and deceive you.

You would have a better chance at drawing one of these tags if they were back in the state drawing then you have at the expo. That is a fact.

Show me the real odds Expo people like it was agreed to and promised 5 years ago. Oh and while you are at it show us where a SIGNIFICANT amount of nearly 1 million dollars a year raised off these tags is getting spent on Utah's wildlife.

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

Come on ww!

You gotta be there to validate your entries!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

Wishing it wasn't at the Same time as League wrestling finals.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Jim
>
>My opinion is the Hunt Expo
>tags were suppose to be
>transparent from the drawing, to
>the odds to the money.
>
>
>It is not. There is nothing
>more to discuss. I will
>not support it because it
>is not what it was
>promised when we took the
>200 tags out of the
>general draw.
>
>I don't know how much more
>clear I can be.
>
>Tony Abbott
>www.myfreehunts.com
>The next buck to have a
>fawn will be the
>1st.

:) I was wondering how far down this thread I would have to get before I would find the first person to follow his morals and ethics! Yikes. I almost gave up, sifting through all the "I hate SFW.........but........" posts (what they were really thinking). No question SFW put careful thought into the tag theft, using human weakness and individual greed to their advantage.

Although I don't live nearby, I would not dream of attending this function if it were right next door to me, much less buy any raffle tickets. I guess it's just goes back to the principles my parents instilled to me from a young age.

Congrats fishon for "getting it", sticking to your morals, and doing the right thing.

I will be there JUST to check out the taxidermy stuff! That alone is worth the price of admission. Incredible talent!

I agree whole heartedly with what Tony said and will not put in a single dollar towards the "hunt lottery"...

What are your odds if you don't put in? Hmmmm I would bet that most have lost a lot more at a blackjack table than on the price of putting in for a few expo tags.

Oh well, I sure hope there are a lot of people that decide they don't want to put in. That just increases my odds.

>What are your odds if you
>don't put in? Hmmmm
> I would bet that
>most have lost a lot
>more at a blackjack table
>than on the price of
>putting in for a few
>expo tags.
>
>Oh well, I sure hope there
>are a lot of people
>that decide they don't want
>to put in. That just
>increases my odds.
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

AWHOLELOTTABULL
At least blackjack has odds......LOL
I'll bet you I will draw as many Deer and Elk tags by not putting in as you do putting in...........

I can see you puttin in AWB because your workin the show, if I was workin the show I'd put in also its the right thing to do if your makin money from the show.

It's got to be fun working the show, seeing all the big money players and all the stuff thier. It's not the amount of money it's the coverup. I don't begrudge anybody from going, would just like to see some transparentcy.

Jim

You are right, you will have better odds at drawing and expo tag than me, but I am not supporting a cause that is not transparent and wants to deceive with their draw odds.

So when you don't draw this year you will be a couple hundy out of pocket with NOTHING to show for it other than you can claim you support the filth and shadiness of the EXPO.

I still like you Jim, I just can't be bought and buffaloed like most everyone else.

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

Yup.
I'll be there to show support, see some cool stuff, drop some coin, draw a great tag (LOL) and to see Dreaminbig's DD Desert ram!
It's an event that I will not miss. Hunting and ALL the associated stuff means too much to me to just stay home and pout.
Zeke

"But someone always wins. You can not win without putting in. Someone always gets the tag."

Yes, this is the battle cry and campaign slogan of SFW. They depend on it.

It targets the majority who overlook morals and ethics in favor of the human nature that is selfishness.

No. There's no way I will draw a Utah expo tag.....because I won't apply. However, my money will go to the F&G agencies of other states that have transparency and I believe run and ethical draw program. It's where my return on dollar invested is better anyway.

Zim,
You said your money will go to the F&G? Are you hoping for something (tag)or are you making a donation (not)?
A selfish "holier than thou" stance can be very transparent especilly when you call the majority unethical and immoral.
Please don't lump everyone in the same pot. It's poor play!
Best regards,
Zeke

Zeke,
"Are you hoping for something (tag) or are you making a donation (not)?"

Both.

Draw or not, I feel the funds will be used more ethically where I choose to apply. Period.

If I never draw there, so be it. Good will come out of it for both the game and others.

Simple. Not rocket science.

I see your point. Heck, I saw it the first time.

You like blondes and I like redheads.

The one little issue that I take exception with is your statement that the majority are unethical and immoral.
You might be hanging around with the wrong crowd.
I have found that the majority of hunters, whether expo supporters or not, are very ethical and moral. Take Fishon as an example... I know he is a stand-up guy (and a friend) but we don't agree on everything. We don't have to and neither of us are unethical that I know of.

Oh, I will make an expo app or two AND a donation to the cause.
(we both know I won't draw but if I do you'll be the first to know)

Good luck to you and all you stand for.

Zeke

"It targets the majority who overlook morals and ethics in favor of the human nature that is selfishness."

I take exception to that statement Zim. I am hoping that it's just a typo and you didn't just lump me in with the unethical and immoral.

Answer me one question, do you gamble or have you ever gambled? You know, play slots, blackjack, roulette, etc.? Be honest.

AWHOLELOTTABULL,

No offense intended. Just a fact of nature. Yes I believe most people were created weak, probably just a genetic fact of survival? They will show cheap ambivalent things like opening doors for others, but can't resist screwing them for $10,000 easy bucks on a real estate deal if possible. Then walk away claiming all's fair in business.

Call me bitter because my parents raised me to have a hand shake of gold, yet I see what's around me. I'd bend over backwards to make things right if an err was made in my favor.

"Answer me one question, do you gamble or have you ever gambled? You know, play slots, blackjack, roulette, etc.? Be honest."

You probably won't believe me, but your answer is absolutely not once in 51 years........because I know where the proceeds go.........either welfare recipients or gambling syndicates. They never even had gambling here in Indiana nor Illinois when I was raised. It has come onto the scene maybe in the last 20 years? I have been inside such places 3 times as part of 2 business parties and one family reunion.

In my case it's probably not a good example for you to use because I am not fascinated by gambling in the least. Plus I know the odds are not in my favor anyway. It's a lose/lose proposition. I do exercise with my spare time and bike right up to one gambling river boat at the north end of my route (Elgin) and one on my south limit (Aurora). I also fish under these boats if you want to count that.

My statements are made based on human nature and SFW's master of psychology. They knew what they were doing when they created this raffle mess.......appealing to gamblers was part of it.

I appreciate the honest answer. I would bet that most people that bad mouth the whole tag issue and say "I'm not going to feed the money whores" are, or have at one time gambled. But I guess it's ok to support drugs and hookers and all kinds of illegal business dealings including murder but it's not ok to fork out $5 for a chance at a tag. Even if all of the money is going to Don Peays home in Hawaii (which it's not) I would still buy a chance. It may be the only time I get to hunt elk in Utah again. It may also be my only chance at a buffalo as I sit here with max points. I don't feel bad a bit and I consider myself to have high morals as well as ethics.

Jim

Gambling at a casino you know where the money goes and to who. You were not told one thing yet get another.

That is the difference compared to the expo. Transparency and actual draw odds were promised and have not been delivered.

A significant amount of the money the expo tags raised was suppose to go on the ground for wildlife. When those 3 things happen the expo tags will get my money as well, but until then they will not see a dollar.

It a big difference between casinos and our wildlife. I know you can see that.

Tony Abbott
www.myfreehunts.com
1st.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-11 AT 11:33PM (MST)[p]We can only wish PD's home was in Hawaii. However, from what I was told it was built on former prime mule deer winter habitat in Utah. Forgot the name of the town, maybe Bountiful.

Well my plane tickets have already been purchased. Flying in wednesday nigth. Going to park city. Snowboarding thursday and friday. Then gonna attend the expo saturday and leave sunday. Might buy an expo tag but not sure. Business is sucking this year and may be getting worse. May just snowboard and call it good this year. We'll see.

Tony,
I know the difference. I just laugh at people crying morals and ethics when they have donated money to things that are far worse than a non-transparent $5 expo tag. If somebody's got an oppinion that's great. Just don't make this a whole moral and ethical accusation session. Unless that person has intimate knowlege it's not valid.

You make a very valid point with the odds and transparency. However, I still believe that they do more harm than good with this expo. I know there are things that you are privy to that I wasn't, and believe me, I don't want to be. But there is no harm in getting a chance at some of the more remote tags that most people will never get a chance at. Especially Utah residents. Remember, we only get to apply for one OIL tag a year. That means you have at least 5 other species that you don't get to apply for and probably never will. For $25 you can apply for them all at the expo. Transparent or not, I just don't see a downside to that. I appreciate your cander though and I'm glad you still like me.:D

Tony, come on man, when you go see strippers there is always a chance that one will fall in love with you. REALLY, the more money you throw on stage the more likely it is she will love you!! And I don't understand the complaint about promises they made 5 years ago, last I checked they had a meeting this spring, so they aren't 5 year old lies, they are more up to date on the lies.

NOW, having said that, you fellas are more than welcome to come to the show, really. We are glad to have the tourism, we happy to have like minded folks in town, it is supposed to snow tonight so bring the skis/boards. In all this bitching we all do we sometimes forget that although satan(I mean don peay) is profiting, so are the waitresses, cabbies, etc.

Besides, Don needs all that money, he is the only one fighting wolves in Utah, and as you all know by the abscence of wolves in utah he is doing a bang up job!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 00:13AM (MST)[p]I think I will disagree with thinking that my odds are better if the tags were back in the general draw.

The DWR only allows me to apply for one hunt for LE Deer, ElK, or Pronghorn. I also only get to apply for one hunt on either Mountain Goat, Desert Bighorn, Rocky Mnt Bighorn, Moose, or Bison.

The Expo tags allow me to enter a drawing for all species and numberous chances on each.

Here my chances in the State Draw if I put in for Pauns Any Weapon Deer with 5 points. 1.7%

Here are my chances on several other units if I put in for Pauns Any Weapon Deer.

Book Cliffs Any Weapon-0.00%
Book Cliffs Archery-0.00%
Henrys Any Weapon-0.00%
Henrys Muzzy-0.00%
Vernon Archery-0.00%
Veron Any Weapon-0.00%
San Juan Archery-0.00%
And so on and so on!!!!!

Heres a few of the odds for Elk if I put in for Pauns Any Weapon Deer.

Pahvant-0.00%
Monroe-0.00%
Mt. Dutton-0.00%
South Cache-0.00%
Boulder-0.00%
Continued..........

How about Pronghorns?

All Units come up as-0.00%

The same trend holds true if I put in for Rocky Mnt Bighorns on the Rattlesnake Unit.

Mountain Goats-0.00%
Moose-0.00%
Bison-0.00%
Desert Bighorns-0.00%

So to say my odds at drawing a tag in the state draw if these tags are added back in does not make any sense to me. Maybe I am not applying correctly?

I think I'll take Jim's advice and let it ride!!!!!!!!!!!

If you just going on the weekend, make sure and wear shin guards to keep from getting lower leg injuries from all the freakin' strollers being pushed around. You would think these breeder chicks with their trendy Kate Gosslen reverse mullets would give their man one weekend off to go check out the Expo without the rest of clan in tow......but NOOOOOOOO. BY 2 in the afternoon they are shot from picking up the binkie off the rental carpets, placating the rugrats with cheerios and cheezits and changing the 5th diaper of the day. Then they start giving out the"Look" like "get me and these little turds out of here before I take the kitty and hold it hostage for the next month". Oh the humanity!!!

I thought this was just about who was going, not another thread rehashing the train wreck you have out there in Utah commonly referred to as wildlife management elsewhere.

I'm just hoping to find an official Utah elk measurement tape so I can bring it back to Colorado and gain 20 inches on my bull. At what booth might they be selling these?

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11
>AT 00:13?AM (MST)

>
>I think I will disagree with
>thinking that my odds are
>better if the tags were
>back in the general draw.
>
>
>The DWR only allows me to
>apply for one hunt for
>LE Deer, ElK, or Pronghorn.
> I also only get
>to apply for one hunt
>on either Mountain Goat, Desert
>Bighorn, Rocky Mnt Bighorn, Moose,
>or Bison.
>
>The Expo tags allow me to
>enter a drawing for all
>species and numberous chances on
>each.
>
>Here my chances in the State
>Draw if I put in
>for Pauns Any Weapon Deer
>with 5 points. 1.7%
>
>
>Here are my chances on several
>other units if I put
>in for Pauns Any Weapon
>Deer.
>
>Book Cliffs Any Weapon-0.00%
>Book Cliffs Archery-0.00%
>Henrys Any Weapon-0.00%
>Henrys Muzzy-0.00%
>Vernon Archery-0.00%
>Veron Any Weapon-0.00%
>San Juan Archery-0.00%
>And so on and so on!!!!!
>
>
>Heres a few of the odds
>for Elk if I put
>in for Pauns Any Weapon
>Deer.
>
>Pahvant-0.00%
>Monroe-0.00%
>Mt. Dutton-0.00%
>South Cache-0.00%
>Boulder-0.00%
>Continued..........
>
>How about Pronghorns?
>
>All Units come up as-0.00%
>
>The same trend holds true if
>I put in for Rocky
>Mnt Bighorns on the Rattlesnake
>Unit.
>
>Mountain Goats-0.00%
>Moose-0.00%
>Bison-0.00%
>Desert Bighorns-0.00%
>
>So to say my odds at
>drawing a tag in the
>state draw if these tags
>are added back in does
>not make any sense to
>me. Maybe I am
>not applying correctly?
>
>I think I'll take Jim's advice
>and let it ride!!!!!!!!!!!

Very clever, I think you have a valid point........LOL
Good luck to all, after all it's just money.
Now if you could sell the tag.....

BS your tape measure is next to the condom booth you might want to pick up both since your the only one wearing one.

>If you just going on the
>weekend, make sure and wear
>shin guards to keep from
>getting lower leg injuries from
>all the freakin' strollers being
>pushed around. You would
>think these breeder chicks with
>their trendy Kate Gosslen reverse
>mullets would give their man
>one weekend off to go
>check out the Expo without
>the rest of clan in
>tow......but NOOOOOOOO. BY 2
>in the afternoon they are
>shot from picking up the
>binkie off the rental carpets,
>placating the rugrats with cheerios
>and cheezits and changing the
>5th diaper of the day.
> Then they start giving
>out the"Look" like "get me
>and these little turds out
>of here before I take
>the kitty and hold it
>hostage for the next month".
> Oh the humanity!!!
>
>I thought this was just about
>who was going, not another
>thread rehashing the train wreck
>you have out there in
>Utah commonly referred to as
>wildlife management elsewhere.
>
>I'm just hoping to find an
>official Utah elk measurement tape
>so I can bring it
>back to Colorado and gain
>20 inches on my bull.
> At what booth might
>they be selling these?

That be some damn funny stuff right there,,to bad it's the truth.

Hey buckspy make sure you have a name tag on so I can be sure to clip you with my son's stroller and my wife can finish you off with the daughter's stroller:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom