Hunt Expo waiting period

S

squrl

I was just wondering if someone could answer my question. If you have to wait for your waiting period. If you have one to draw a tag at the expo. the same you would have to in the normal drawing.

Are you asking...If you are currently on the waiting list (previously drew a tag) can you draw a tag for the same species at the expo, and be exempt from the waiting period?

I'm not positive but I believe the answer is yes.

Just wanted to try and clear up any confusion.

Thanks I don't get on here so much anymore but its nice to find out that I can still find what I am looking for.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13 AT 06:39?PM (MST)

All EXPO permits are exempt from a waiting period, even the OIL permits, but if you draw one, you then incur a new waiting period and can't apply for a permit or a point for that species in the regular draw until the new waiting period is over. Of course you can apply in the EXPO draw year after year, even for OIL permits, and the same is true of bidding on the Conservation (auctioned) permits.

Straight from the hunt expo website:

Bonus points are not affected by your application for Hunting Expo tags. You can apply for all available permits at the Hunting Expo and your points will not be affected even if you draw one or more of the Hunting Expo tags. This is awesome! And, all waiting periods are also waived. However, you will not earn bonus points when applying for these permits.

Course it's too late to apply now!

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13
>AT 07:16?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-13
>AT 06:39?PM (MST)

>
>All EXPO permits are exempt from
>a waiting period, even the
>OIL permits, but if you
>draw one, you then incur
>a new waiting period and
>can't apply for a permit
>or a point for that
>species in the regular draw
>until the new waiting period
>is over. Of course you
>can apply in the EXPO
>draw year after year, even
>for OIL permits, and the
>same is true of bidding
>on the Conservation (auctioned) permits.
>

Ooops! Waiting periods for Convention LE permits DO NOT apply either before or after the permit is received. The same is true of CWMU permits, Conservation permits, and landowner permits. However, OIL permits are subject to the OIL rule as I stated, ie; once you obtain any OIL permit, you may not apply for the same species in a public drawing. I'm sorry for the misinformation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom