huge bear down and another on the way

M

muleymaster

well a friend of mine drew a draw only unit here in idaho and im hunting a general season unit with bait. We both have been going for about three weeks and it was slow the first couple weeks now its picking up fast.

He shot a big bore yesterday night and i went and checked my baits and trail cam tonight. His bear measures 6'9'' head to tail and 6'3'' from foot to foot. I only have on trail cam but two baits so i only have pics of the one bait. both have been hit and both were empty.

so here are some pics so far. let me know what you think. thanks

7882img_0853.jpg

9269img_0857.jpg

he's still in his work pants haha. he hauled ass up after he got off work and didnt have time to change
7782img_0865.jpg

1897mdgc0018.jpg

this bear has been coming in every night for the last week to this bait. i need a second cam to see what is coming into the other bait
2202mdgc0021.jpg

4196mdgc0065.jpg

1735mdgc0071.jpg

364mdgc0103.jpg

9566mdgc0121.jpg

710mdgc0133.jpg

Congrats to your buddy and looks like you are well on your way to bagging one of your own. that is inspiring! i have been waiting to see some downed bear and increasing activity. . . time to set the bait.

well april is snowy and slow. may is prime. but if you wait to long by june the food sources are easier and the bears slow down

good luck

Congrats to your buddy, very nice bear. Looks like it is starting to pick up. Good luck to you. It looks like it is only time now til you punch your tag!!!
Thanks for sharing and keep us informed. I'm getting stoked, I leave for Idaho in 15 days for a eleven day hunt!!!

Nice, i hope you stick the big blacky off your bait!! Just set our bait up the other day so hopefully I'll have some pictures soon. Congrats to your buddy on a great idaho bruin.

ridgeline outdoors
blacks creek guide gear

Nice bear. Been looking at applying for the 32 spring hunt. Quick question- can a guy apply for controlled bear and still apply for another controlled hunt for elk/deer or sheep/goat? I know you can't do sheep/goat AND elk/deer...

Yes you can,AND you can apply for controlled fall bear if you drew and harvested a controlled spring bear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom