Some are good kids from old
friends of mine.

What do you buy these kids now?

Is cash my best option, or am I gonna
make some Mom's mad?

I'm looking at 3 right now.
Not a clue.

Lrv

GIFT CERTIFICATES TO PLACES THEY LIKE TO EAT AT, AND HANG OUT IN. THEY ARE ALWAYS SHORT ON CASH !!!!..............YD.

GIFT CERTIFICATES TO PLACES THEY LIKE TO EAT AT, AND HANG OUT IN. THEY ARE ALWAYS SHORT ON CASH !!!!..............YD.

I have a daughter graduating this year and she will more than likely be getting cash and gift cards. That is great for her a she is a very responsible kid and will SAVE that money to buy something she will need AT COLLEGE and not spend it on gas or food for the summer months. I think it all depends on the type of kid you are buying for.

Can't really go wrong with a Walmart gift card or a VISA card.

I'm a proud UCLA Dad now. :) 92,000 applicants and only 5% get in. Can't wait to head down to tailgate and watch Bruin football.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

STEVE......CONGRATS TO YOU, AND GOOD ON YOUR DAUGHTER.....THAT IS A GREAT PLACE FOR AN EDUCATION !!!! MY DAUGHTER WENT TO NORTHWESTERN, GOT A LAW DEGREE. I KNOW HOW TOUGH THE COLLEGE PROCESS CAN BE. ,,,,,,,,,,,YD.

>Cash for college. There is
>no better gift for a
>graduating senior.
>
>-Hawkeye-

+1

My oldest granddaughter has been a straight "A" student since the 4th. grade. She graduates from high school next month with a 4.25 grade point average and achieved a S.A.T. score in the high 1800's.
Was accepted in March at the University of CA. at Davis with a major in veterinary medicine. She will be getting money for everyday expenses.

RELH

Interesting UC Davis has an undergraduate Vet school? Bet she needs a 4 year degree and then applies for vet school.

LAST EDITED ON May-27-15 AT 06:05PM (MST)[p]Beanman my understanding she will be going to school for 6 years or more to obtain her degree. She is interested in the scientific end of vet medicine working to develop new medicines for animals.
She chose Davis due to the courses they offer and she will be close enough to commute from the farm and parents home.

Her grade point average and high SAT score got her accepted in March and Davis normally does not complete acceptance until later in April.

If she was not a WASP, white, Anglican, Saxon, protestant, she would have been able to get her entire education funded. As it is she is getting some scholarships but will face paying for a lot of her education.

It is my understanding that Davis ranks right at the top in the world for veterinary medicine.
RELH

Colorado State has a top Vet school as well, I almost married a Gal in the program a long time ago so was pretty acquainted with it. 4 years as an undergraduate and then application to Vet school just like Med school. It would be an unusual program to skip the undergraduate step.

Holy cow! Gifts for graduating HS? Who'd a thunk?
I guess I'm a cheap-ass or remember my unceremonious graduation. Isn't graduation kind of expected?

My wife feels the same way about marriage reception gifts... she says she'll get them something for their 10th anniversary and hasn't had to buy one yet!

TIC.... a little.
Zeke

Know what I got for my HS Graduation?

A set of luggage and a road map.

Left on my mission about 90 days later, haven't hardly been home since.

BeanMan - there are a lot of schools now that, for select students, are combining M.S. and B.S. (as well as M.A. and B.A.) degree programs into one track. Most of them are 5-6 year programs and they have to maintain good grades throughout the Bachelors program and pass equivalent exams to be accepted to the Masters part of the program, they just don't have to take the G.R.E and go through another application process.

I have a friend whose daughter is doing a dual B.S. / M.S. in Accounting with the option of also completing an M.B.A. from A&M right now. She actually did an internship with one of the big accounting firms last year and they made her one hell of an offer, but told her that if she stayed and got the M.S. / M.B.A. they told her she could pretty much name her price and location. In total, all three degrees will only take her 5 years to complete.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I hear you Roy, I'm getting old but geez, HS diploma to DVM? I looked at UC Davis Vet Med Website and the 4 year curricula is post grad. Maybe there is a special program.

I'm with you Zeke, It's expected.

A few years back I was a member of the Mesa County Partners program and my Junior Partner became, with a heck of a lot of effort on my part, the first in his family ever to graduate from High School. I am still blown away by that, no one is his Family had EVER graduated from High School.

Beanman maybe I explained that wrong. My granddaughter does not want to become a practicing DVM. She does not like the idea of having to put animals down. She will do her 4 year grad time, then will continue her education for employment in the science end of Vet medicine working in the lab to develop new medicines for animals.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom