HR 4089 Action

completesportsman

Long Time Member
I copied and pasted the below from an email I received today from the NWTF. I thought I should post it here and maybe some of you guys and gals could also contact your representatives. I thought of posting it in the political forum but I knew it would get more views here.

Action Alert
Contact your Representative to Protect Hunting Rights
The U.S. House of Representatives will be considering HR 4089 this week. This much needed legislation would help protect the rights of sportsmen and shooting enthusiasts.

HR 4089 would:

?Reaffirm that fishing, hunting and shooting are important and traditional activities that should continue on public lands.
?Provide a clear legislative basis for protecting sportsmen and wildlife management agencies from anti-hunting and fishing litigation, and administrative gridlock.
?Protect the use of traditional ammunition and fishing tackle by giving clear statutory direction to the Environmental Protection Agency regarding their authority under the Toxic Substances Control Act.
?Allow the importation of certain legally taken hunting trophies that, through no fault of the sportsmen, have become trapped in red tape.
Please contact your Representative today and urge their support of H.R. 4089.

To locate and contact your representative, visit www.house.gov and enter your ZIP code in the ?Find Your Representative? box in the upper right corner.

I received a similar email from the Boone & Crockett Club today as well.

If these two national level orgs say it should be supported, that is enough for me to contact my Reps.

JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom