Hoyt Question....

L

littlebuck2

Hey guys I just got back shoooting two bows and was curious about your thoughts. I shot the RampageXT and the CRX35, loved them both and honestly I couldn't tell the difference other than the XT is about $300 cheaper.
My question is my draw length is 30 almost 30 1/2, and the guy told me that the XT wouldn't perform for me past 45 yards becasue of my draw length and the axle to axle being 32. I don't feel comfortable shooting pas 60 anyway can I get over this through practice? Have you guys found this to be true? Or is he just trying to get me to buy the more expensive bow?Or is there really a big difference

I am not asking for which one I should buy because we should all buy a bow we are comfortable with, but honestly I couldn't tell the difference and was curious if I should throw down the extra $300 on the bow only and use old sights, rest etc. Or should I go with the XT and throw the $300 to get it pimped out?? Help please thanks guys!!!!

they look to me as the same. the rampage has last years riser that is the only difference I would pimp out the rampage or get on ebay and move up to a faster bow but with your draw length you can shoot all bows at ibo speed if you want to.
fast and flat kill's animals with the new bows and practice you won't have a problem getting more confident past 60 yards
i would by the best bow I could afford it will
last years so if you spend the money now you will be happy and don't have to spend it twice later when you see how much better the top of the line bows are. katera 330 ibo or alphaburner 340 ibo

The only difference I could tell between the two bows is the rampage is cast and the CRX is machined. They both have identical parts otherwise. I bought mine at Archery Headquarters down here in AZ. I shot both when I bought mine and couldn't tell the difference. In the end I couldn't justify the extra $ and I don't regret it at all. Sweet shooting bow.

The Rampage XT is a wonderful bow. It is the same as the crx other than the riser. Same limbs same cams same speed....
The 35 since it is a little longer, may be easier to hold on target.
but the rampage XT would be my choice.
For total reviews on both bows go to iReviewgear.com

Awesome guys thanks for the help they are both awesome bows I hve just never bought a new bow before always shot brothers hand me downs so I guess I am just nervous Thanks for the help I think the XT will be my choice...

You won't be disappointed. I was out shooting mine in my back yard this morning. I think for the money it is hard to find a better bow on the market. I also shot the Mathews Z7 when I bought mine and the draw was a little smoother than the rampage but not even close enough to make up the difference in price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom