How will Global climate change effect Polar Bears?

overton

Long Time Member
Global climate change to reverse civilization ? Russian expert
Today, 11:13 PM

Global climate change thunders with massive disasters toward 2030, the head of the World Wild Life Foundation (WWF) in Russia, Igor Chestin, said at the press conference on the Earth Hour event on Wednesday, Interfax reported. He also stated that it could reverse evolution of the civilization.

?The average temperature on the Earth can rise by five degrees toward 2030, if we do not inhibit greenhouse gas emission. Such a warming would lead to disastrous consequences with 80 percent probability. The most of countries? economies would work to maintain these consequences, which could reverse evolution of the civilization,? Chestin said.

According to Interfax, the Ambassador of Denmark in Russia, Per Carlsen, reminded of forthcoming international negotiations on global climate change in Copenhagen in 2009. ?It's very important for us that besides European countries; the USA, Russia, China and India are involved into the negotiations,? the ambassador remarked.

The Earth Hour is the event on March 28, 2009, when ?millions of people around the globe will unite for one hour and switch off their lights to show that they care about our living planet,? WWF web site read.

49cbb6e84cbf1218.jpg

"The Earth Hour is the event on March 28, 2009, when ?millions of people around the globe will unite for one hour and switch off their lights to show that they care about our living planet,? WWF web site read."

It's supposed to start at 8:30pm on the 28th. Turn your lights off for one hour. I'm going to observe it between 3 and 4 am.

Eel

Looks like a gollden opportunity for some burglers to me. I think I'll just turn it all off between midnight and 5am like always.

Well.. if the polar bears run out of snow up north they can come down to Wyoming---I woke up to six inches yesterday...By 2030 I'll be done fartin' round in the woods anyway....by the way I never saw any penguins when I was patrolling in the arctic circle area...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom