how old

justr_86

Long Time Member
How old were your kids before you bought them a gun? I bought Weston his 2nd rifle today. A cricket 22. My dad buys all his grandchildren Henry golden boy 22 when they are born. That one is too big and heavy for him to shoot though.. He is 3.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I HAD MY SON SHOOTING WHEN HE WAS 4. WITH HELP OF COURSE.

HE GOT HIS OWN 10-22 WHEN HE WAS 7

MY DAUGHTER (11) GOT A SINGLE SHOT 22 FOR X-MAS THIS LAST YEAR.

They both started out with a BB gun at about 2 and 22's right after. Didn't buy them their first gun until 12 yrs old but like you state justr I plan on purchasing each one of my grand kids a goldenboy at birth. My dad never bought me a gun and I didn't have enough cash when my boys were younger either so they had to wait until they were about 12.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

BB gun at 5,shot my 22 with help.

rossi 22-410 combo at 7,she's a chizzler killing monster.

m-77 6mm at 9,deer and lope's watch the hell out.

"Sometimes i drink water to suprise my liver"

about 5 years before the first one born, Grandkids have a couple already and they are only 2 and 3,I look At them(Guns) as a investment cheaper now then 5 or 10 years from now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

No kids here? DINK?
I did buy Stainless M77 .22?s with scopes for my best friends 2 boys as soon As I knew they were pregnant.
His wife?s best friend bought that first one
An over sized Teddy Bear. They had a talk that my gift was ?not appropriate? For an infant.
My buddy said ?You might be right? But I guarantee you when this kid is 5 he will use That rifle to shoot holes in that Teddy Bear?. ? And that's what happened.
Guess I am not a very ?progressive? American I have now armed 5 young men with their first
Long guns?.

My girls are getting 22's this summer from their grandad, they are turning 5 and 7. The seven year old has probably been ready for a while but we couldn't get her one and not get both of them one without a big fuss! So I asked my dad to wait until they were both ready. Its going to be fun!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom