HOW MUCH LONGER???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
How Much Longer You FOOLS gonna Pay 5 times what 22 Ammo is really Worth?

GUNBROKER Sellers Are Still GOUGIN People!

But Hey!

As long as JOKERS are willing to pay that much,GIT-R-DONE I Guess!

I can only Think of 2 Types of Business's/Companies that Like 440's Favorite JACKASS = Obama!

GUN & AMMO Manufacturers!

And The Gun/Sports Stores Selling the Over Priced Stuff!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

We had a Big R open here in town today. I was in there last week and the ammo shelves were FULL! was so excited thinking I could get some ammo for the kids maybe even a box for myself. Showed up to a ridiculous line and left, never even went inside. Need the ammo but don't need to stand in a 3 hour line.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Bess I don't mean to piss you off, but I do not pay those outrageous prices either. I have approx. 10,000 rounds of 22 long rifle in my reloading room.
After the shortage in 2008 when Obama got elected. I got smart and would buy 1000-2000 rounds everytime I found a bargain on 22lr bricks. Most were were bought at Cabela's outside of Reno. Everytime the wife & I made a trip to Reno I would stop there and pick up 2-4 bricks and most were federal at 17-19 bucks a brick. Before long I had over 10,000 in stock for the grandkids and I to shoot.

I am lucky to live about 30 miles from the Miwall company that sells powder and primers and other reloading items to dealers and at gunshows. Every Father's day they open their warehouse to citizens and their prices are below at what you will pay at your local gun shop. I pick up 5,000 large pistol primers for about 130 bucks and I always buy about 8-10 thousand primers for my pistol and rifle reloading.

They open their doors at 8 AM that Sat.& Sun. Father's day weekend. They issue you a number and allow 50 persons in at a time. I got there at 8 am on Sat.and my number was 564.
Not that bad as they have food vendors outside a place to sit and eat and there is a bunch of private vendors selling gun related items. I picked up a used in good condition leather holster for my Ruger 44 blackhawk for 15 bucks while waiting to get into the Miwall warehouse.

The city police chief was working security for the crowd. He related that the Miwall company always helped out his department and he used his weekend days off to repay them by being their security officer.

At a Reno gun show over a year ago. Private vendors were selling large pistol primers for 50 bucks per thousand. Miwall had their booth there and selling large pistol primers for 127 bucks per 5 thousand. I bet those private vendors were pissed off and not able to sell at their gouger prices because of Miwall.

RELH

I go into a small sports store a couple weeks ago where i live and they have a couple box's of 525 winnie's for 74.99.......THEY CAN KEEP THEM B@STARDS.

"Sometime's i drink water to suprise my liver"

The only "fools" are the guys who hadn't already stocked up BEFORE the prices went outa sight!

That said, blame those with compulsive mental disorders for hording, getting in early and buying every available box, to the point of there not being enough to go around.

"I may not have enough ammo to finish a War but i sure as heck got enough to start one"

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

If you watch , you can still pick up bricks of 22 at a good price. I bought a couple of 500 bricks from sportsman warehouse for 23.99 a few weeks ago.
So I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Right at Christmas before it went all crazy. I picked up a few bricks of 525 for 19.99
Thursday at Cabelas in Lehi they we selling boxes of 100, per person. They had a stack of it.

Bess I have been going to pick up some for ya but every time I get close its gone. Or like ya say the price is F'ed up. I have enough that I am not going to pay the price. Had my eye on a couple guns for the grand kids but if ya can't get the ammo WTF.

Rutnbuck

I hear you Rut!

100 Rounds per Person?

Cabela's can take a F'n Hike!

That wouldn't even Load 2 of my Clips!

They act like a 100 Rounds is gonna last me a long time,GEEZUS!

I did have a couple of MM Friends Pick me some up out of State!

Thanks to you Guys,You know who you are!

The One I liked the Best(Not!) was Cal-Ranch had a Sign they had out:We have 22 Ammo for Sale,but only if You Buy a 22 Rifle/Pistol!

Don't think I don't have some Ammo there Uncle sage!

Don't know that I could finish a War but sure could start a Good Fire!:D

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

I went to Cal Ranch and theg said you had to buy a gun to get the 1400 round bucket of .22 ammo for $60.00. Ridiculous...

I can remember about five years ago I was in a "gun store" in Zimbabwe. A friend and the clerk were arguing over buying five rounds of .22 lr. For four dollars a bullet.

Take a full day and and just wait at wal mart. One of. The local stores gets their ammo on a Tuesday afternoon. They guy unloading the truck calls his buddy and comes in and buys it all. I don't like ammo caps but this place needs it due to unfairness

22's are just the start of it. Been seeking some powder and forget bit. Seeing more and more around but this shortage for supplies is complete BS. This has been going on now for how friggen long and the factories haven't ramped up production to meet demand. I say BS there's more here even though the ammo makers will say otherwise. This is a free enterprise company and there isn't anyone else stepping in to fill the void even with elevated prices as they are today. I can't prove a dam thing but I smell a rat.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I hear ya men but the manufacturing process isn't as easy as turning on the faucet.
The companies know this is a hoarding, short-lived thing and they don't want to hire and train a bunch of people and then next year have a glut of product and have to lay guys off and have product that won't sell.
It is supply and demand based! I'm just glad I have the supply because I always demand to shoot!
Good luck to us all!
Zeke

PS: if I ever got raided by the BATF they'd say I have a "stockpile" of munitions but in reality I have just the right amount!

"they don't want to hire and train a bunch of people and then next year have a glut of product and have to lay guys off and have product that won't sell."

why not,that's what any other business would do. take advantage of the demand. right now they would easily sell as much as they could produce without lowering the price. im sure with today's profit margins they could easily justifiy expanding.

I though about getting a "gumball" dispenser, filling it with 22's and sticking them in gas stations. 25 cents a round aught to be fair eh?

>I though about getting a "gumball"
>dispenser, filling it with 22's
>and sticking them in gas
>stations. 25 cents a round
>aught to be fair eh?
>

Ya!

125.00 a Brick Ain't Bad!

hiring and training a work force is the easy part. Tooling up and purchasing machinery is the big risk. People are just going to have to ride it out. Things will settle down and prices will stabilize.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom