how much do you use

S

spen

i was at a friends house today and looked in her neighbors backyard where he had a nice 5x4 muley buck hanging. her neighbor came out and cut the head off, cut out the backstraps and the rear quarters and started dragging the rest of the deer to his truck. he was having problems getting it in by himself so i went and helped him. i asked why he didn't use the front quarters and he said that he used to and that they were just too much work for the meat. i was just wondering what everybody thought about it. all he took was the backstraps, the rear quarters and the head.

Not only is it wrong but it's wanton waste of wildlife and is illegal...There's a lot of folks who would like to have those front shoulders..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-09 AT 00:09AM (MST)[p]Yeah, I'd ask him if he wanted to donate the remaining meat, or preferred I report him.

Oh, and in response to the title of the thread: All of it. When I throw the bones in the chicken yard, there isn't much left for the birds to pick off.

That is alot of small cuts that can go a long way, if used properly. Deerburger or like we do.

RECIPE FOR DEER WRAPS:

1 PKG. OF DEER STEAK OR BACKSTRAP
1 PKG. OF SKEWERS (12?)
WORCHESTERS & SEASONINGS (McCORMICK STEAK SEASONINGS)
PKG. OF BACON
PKG. OF SMOKED SAUSAGE
ONE LARGE ONION (OPTIONAL)

CUT MEAT INTO SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN DOMINO SIZE PIECES.
TENDERIZE, EITHER WITH EDGE OF A SAUCER OR USE A MECHANICAL ONE.
MARINATE WITH WORCHESTER & SEASON, SPRINKLE WITH ADOLH MEAT TENDERIZER
CUT BACON SLICES IN HALF.
CUT SMOKED SAUSAGE INTO MEDALLIONS.
QUARTER ONION.

TAKE MEAT AND WRAP BACON AROUND EACH PIECE, PLACE ONTO SKEWER, THEN ADD A MEDALLION OF SAUSAGE, THEN A SLICE OF ONION. REPEAT UNTIL YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF MEAT.

SLOW COOK ON GRILL, DO NOT OVERCOOK! JUST BEFORE TAKING SKEWERS OFF GRILL, BAST WITH YOUR FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE.

SERVE WITH A BAKED POTATO AND A VEGGIE, MAYBE A SALAD.

TAKE CREDIT FOR COMING UP WITH THIS ALL BY YOURSELF, FORCING OTHERS INTO HAVING TO DO THE DISHES!!!

JOHN.

....the least he could do is put the rest in the freezer for several years till it's good and freezer burned, then throw it away.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom