how many

patea

afterliving in louisiana for forty years was thinking of relocating out west. how many of you packed up your family from elsewhere and went to the mountains. I'm having a hard time deciding which state and school system, quality of living, jobs (etc) considered would be best. have hunted whitails all my life here. would y'all do it again if you could go back.

Don't come to California if you value your freedom. Beautiful Sierra mountains, good money, CRAP liberal laws to choke on.

Moved to Colorado in 08 after living in Iowa for 38yrs. Best descision we have ever made. As you we were concerned about the school system and have found the Colorado school system to be lacking as compared to other Rocky mountain States largely due to their funding mechanism. Colorado is also in the midst of a strong transition too a liberal/environmentalist based society and these divisions are getting strong as time progresses causing divisions within the state.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Tough to beat Utah for cost of living, quality of life, economic stability, crime rates, etc.

Our hunt draw system is screwy and our politicians are insane. But at least they balance the budget every year, I guess.

If you are looking for good hunting opportunities each fall, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana would be my top picks. I like to hunt as much as possible and those three states offer good over the counter hunting. The fishing is great also, not as good as Michigan's UP was but still very good! [font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

I've got to be mins away from hunting, skiing and biking, so Ut Id Wy Id Mt CO would be my choices.

CO is a diverse state. You could live @ 10k elevation and have 7 months of winter. You could live @ 6K and have 6 months of summer. You could live in CO Springs and have conservative Republican politicians, of live in Boulder/Durango/Aspen and have the other. Pot is legal, the state budget is in surplus due to same. Lots of jobs, lots of people, good pro sports in Denver, great skiing, decent people, moderate crime, lots of traffic even in rural places, 4 different seasons, good-to-excellent health care. Great big game hunting once you know your way around, pretty good fishing, central to NM, AZ, WY, UT, KS, NE if you need more. Outstanding Nat'l Parks & Monuments. Sh!tty roads. PM if you want to know more from a 55 year, 3rd generation resident.

I did the exact thing your thinking about 4 years ago. Moved to Utah from the midwest. Like others said, the Utah seasons and LE opportunities are messed up but I knew that and hunt in other states as well. If I could have done it earlier I would have.

I moved here to Utah in 2005. I was born & raised in Mobile, Alabama until I was 22 yrs old. I have hunted all of my life. The hunting in Utah is 1,000,000x's better than Alabama. everything else too....! only drawback for me is that all of my family is still in Alabama.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom