how many tags?

marley

Very Active Member
So How many tags does everyone apply for every year? Last year I put in for 29 tags and didn't draw a single one but ended up with a great season of leftover tags and OTC tags.

This year between my 11 year old son and I, we are in the pot for 39 tags. This crap gets expensive.

I agree, its expensive. Try not to think about it, makes it alittle less painful. Personally this year way it will pan out, putting in for 34 draws, 11 differnt bonus points, and various raffles.

Marley,
I have to agree that it is expensive to apply and buy points, but I can attest to the fact that it eventually it pays off! Keep after it especially with your 11 year old son!
I have been point saving with my son since he was 11 and because of it, he has drawn a premium antelope tag(killed a book buck) a LE elk (killed a book elk) and a Utah desert sheep (he drew before me and I have top points). And the cool thing is I have been able to be with him on every hunt.
Quite frankly, money can't buy the kind of fun we have had together. It is all about the experience.

28 for me this year. My youngster is still to young to apply. Lot's of money sitting out there with the various F&G agencies right now. Good luck to all.

Whats a tag? Is this the little card that comes with my new spot light each year?

All kidding aside I only put in for 7. Now if I include my wife and boys we are at 24ish. I strive more to get my wife and boys the tags and I sit back and wait for now.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

30 for me this year if you don't count local county property apps & turkey. I may do Idaho which would add 3 though if I come up empty in all the draws up to their deadline.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-12 AT 09:59?AM (MST)

30 for me. NV, AZ, WY, CO, UT. I put my brother in for the same 30. My wife only puts in for NV, UT and WY at the moment.

It is best not to count how many apps you submit. It just gets depressing. If I counted my wife and son along with my apps, I would be submitting probably twice as many as listed above. I just don't want to know how many...
Bill

I don't remember how many but I know the grand total sitting out there in application fees . . . $4000. Can't wait to get it all back!:)

It's always an adventure!!!

32 different tag drawings, but some of those are super tags or raffle, literally zero chance of drawing. Then again, they do pick a winner, can't win if you aren't in.

The states of CO, MT and NM are holding collectively around $12k of mine currently. And I still need to buy all my points only in WY.

Yeah, NM was the killer for me this year. Sent them $7600. Don't know how much is out there total but enough that I should just bag all the draws and go hunt dall sheep every year.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-12 AT 01:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-12 AT 01:45?PM (MST)

Yup, it sure is an expensive game to play. I counted my 2012 apps, and when all is said and done by the end of the application season in July, I'll have applied for 52 different hunts/states/species, counting state-sponsored raffles. If Wild Sheep weren't in the mix, I probably wouldn't do it at all....it simply wouldn't be cost-effective.

With the non-refundable application cost running around 4000.00 for all of the above, honestly it's still a highly questionable endeavor. If not for the potential to draw sheep tags, I'd save that 4000.00/year and apply it towards bookable hunts instead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom