How Many Of You???

S

SoleSearcher36

Have bought wildlife art or would purchase wildlife originals or prints? Who are your favorite western wildlife artists?

I absolutely love Hayden Lambson's work as well as that of Tom & Art Mansanarez.

The anniversary of my father's untimely passing back on '01 just passed and got me thinking about what he would have wished for me. I know he really, really wanted me to do something with my art and to date I have not. I guess I don't really know where to start so I am going to have to do some investigation. The only thing I have done is some work I have donated for auction to raise money for a couple chapters of the MDF and it was recieved very well. Just thought I would share a little sample with you guys to see what you think. I have not and do not do any commercial work right now....just a past hobby that I am thinking about picking back up. My passion is pencilwork(even though it takes a ton of hours to do detailed work) and I absolutely love western wildlife with my favorite being muleys. Obviously an artist is his own worst critic and I can pick my stuff apart but here is a sample. I took a quick pic of a framed piece so I apologize for the flash glare.

"Afternoon Watch"
3997012-1.jpg

3801013-1.jpg

I have always loved black and white photography so pencilwork just came naturally to me.

Love the work of Leon Parson. I have all 5 of his No-Tellum Ridge
series and just the most realistic depiction of big mule deer you
could have on print. His work is just revealing and breath taking.

ELDORADO

>Love the work of Leon Parson.
His work
>is just revealing and breath
>taking.
>
>ELDORADO

Agreed....how could I forget his work. A true master.

I have quite a few.
Brent Todd, Tom Mansanarez, Leon Parson.

Including this one you don't see many of.
It's by Dave Wade.

Wade2.jpg

I have several mule deer/antelope prints (Brent Todd and Tom Mansanarez). I had to put a hold on buying them as I ran out of places to hang them!
I have seen one print in particular that I've always wanted but never bought it. Its of a cowboy on a horse with a buck on the back of the horse heading down the mountain to his cabin. I think its called "Coming Home" or something like that. Anybody know the pic I'm talking about?

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

if i understand the original post correct, you said you drew that picture yourself? if so, i think you did a very good job( not much coming from me though, people cant even read my handwriting..) but you should get back into it, you've obviously got tallent.

IMO...Brent Todd is hands down the best elk and deer artist and Tom Manzanerez is the best when it comes to big cats.

~Z~

Thanks KBKiller & llamapacker....it was the first real piece I drew after a 4+ year hiatus so I can obviously pick it apart but am still proud of it. My favorite part is actually the pixie-faced little fawn looking back over his rump. I know my father(rest his soul) would be disappointed that I haven't pursued bringing my work to more people and I intend to change that. I have been out after season doing a little reference photography and study of animals and plan to spend some time these winter months at the drawing board. I like 'em all....elk, moose, goats, sheep, bear, etc but there is nothing as majestic as a big muley in my book. Saw a few nice "post-hunt" survivors just this last saturday. Late cow season opened up so they are still taking a pounding tho.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom