How long?

Long Time Member
I'll probably get nuked here. But with current trends in media I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the days here are numbered. The whole online game is changing much faster than most can keep up. I'm gonna say the days here are numbered and not in our favor. Good bad or indifferent a lot of web forums have bit the dust. This one ain?t immune and I'm feeling it is closer than it is far.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I hope not as well. This is my only social meteoriteing I do. And I only found it a couple years ago.

If you are comparing to the face book machine, I think as it keeps building steam it will start falling apart with more scams, bugs and whatnot. But there will be something similar right behind it to pick right up.

I think/hope this forum is a little different. I refuse to participate in all social media for the most part. Never been on FB and don't care to. But I like the network of hunting info here....

I'm not so sure. It seems there are a lot of down to earth old fashioned hillbilly types like around here. What's social media? Is that like when the news anchors get together for a beer?

Too much in-fighting for my taste!
I've slowed down on here myself because of all the same bad actors who know what's best for everyone. I could name them but most already know who they are.
When we can't get along and have civil discussions, and resort to name-calling, it's bound to implode or at least erode until only the narcissists are left.
It's too bad since some of my best new-friends have been found through this site.
Change is in the air and it's not on our side!

Zeke

#livelikezac

Everyone is feeling about the same. There is something unique about this place and a lot of good folks here. Overall I think there is a lot more positive that goes on here.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I've met some great people here, I used to spend a lot more time than I do now but it's nice to check in from time to time.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I don't really participate in any other forums. But do go and check them from time to time. I think we have a pretty good group at least on the Utah forum. Not sure how much participation there is in the other states. I to would like to see us pull together more has hunters and not so much key board fighting.

>Too much in-fighting for my taste!
>
>I've slowed down on here myself
>because of all the same
>bad actors who know what's
>best for everyone. I could
>name them but most already
>know who they are.
>When we can't get along and
>have civil discussions, and resort
>to name-calling, it's bound to
>implode or at least erode
>until only the narcissists are
>left.
>It's too bad since some of
>my best new-friends have been
>found through this site.
>Change is in the air and
>it's not on our side!
>
>
>Zeke
>
>#livelikezac

Zeke you are spot on!! This place was fun back in the day. Seems a few have run some good peeps off.

The campfire was fun back in the day then a cancer came in and took the fun away. Pred Sage and others threw in the towel because it became unfriendly. Seems the good old boys club won. But did they?

I hope MM survives. It's the only site I really visit. But Zeke is spot on with his comment. I don't comment much any more because so many people are rude and harsh know-it-alls.

There used to be a kinder philosophy and more people were helpful. Seems like the pendulum has swung toward a tougher direction.

I still try to help folks and so do many others. This place has made me quite a few friends and I appreciate it.

>You would have 150 responses in
>the old days.

But you get 150+ if you're givin somethin away!

#livelikezac

REM700,
I agree, I was on here for many years 07 to 12. I made many friends, helped folks I could, and received help. I came back and noticed more of an edge at times. I like to think I have a sense of humor. Still enjoy the site. Hunt on

I sure do miss some of the stories and poetry that used to be posted by those who no longer drop by the campfire. Those post made sitting up by the fire much more enjoyable!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom