How is Region C Population?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Hunted several times in Region C, and usually see a couple 170 class, mostly after being tagged out though! Last time I was there (non-resident) was in 2008. What are the populations like after a couple hsrd winters?

Also, would you hunt opening day? Or later? We've always been around opening day and wondered if later was better.

I don't believe any of Region C has had bad enough winters lately to hurt the deer herd much. To the best of my knowledge it's been mostly down in the southwestern part of the state in Regions G & H that really got clobbered.

I hunted C again this year. I missed last year but also hunted 08 and 09. Things have changed a lot. The antelope seem to be doing ok but there weren't nearly as many as I remember from 08 and 09. The mule deer were a different story. They were extremely hard to find if you could find them at all. The weather was extremely hot and maybe that had something to do with it. The first week was in the 80s. I certainly didn't see them like I was use to. My buddy shot a 4x4 opening morning and we saw a few other fork horns but nothing to brag about. I put a lot of miles on my boots during the heat of the day and still couldn't find them. What I saw at the butcher shop wasn't all that impressive either.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom