How Good is your Water?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
The "Drought" thread i started got me somehow thinking of bottled water. The little mountain town that i live in has GREAT drinking water right out the tap. Bottled water is for tourists and survivalists to buy, we get ours by turning that right side knob at the kitchen Sink.

My old hometown in the East Bay area? i can not drink the stuff, they keep mixing enough chemicals together in it to get it...i call it "artificial drinking water", yuck!

Thoughts on your own drinking water, is it great, getting worse, best you ever had, or where do you go to get the good stuff?

My opinion? Bottled water is over-rated but maybe that's because we don't need it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Like a lot of things we did as kids, some folks are now saying that it isn't so healthy. We have well water. But, after filtering the stuff just for the water heater in the cabin, I now run a whole house filter and a reverse osmosis system for the house.

I still like to drink straight well water out of the hose...it hasn't stunted my growth yet.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Thanks Feddock! I been a plumber a long time, the last 6 years working for myself. In all those years, i have only installed one filtration system here locally and one sand filtration system for a remodel job i did down the hill in Chico.

Guess what i'm saying is, i just don't know how bad some people have it.

As a kid on the Ranch, all our drinking water came from a Box spring well gravity fed from up on the hill and a wind mill to holding tank box spring set-up behind the barn. Good stuff but got a little muddy or cloudy in the heavy rains.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey said "we get ours by turning that right side knob at the kitchen Sink."

Weird. I guess Bessy plumbed mt house? It's the knob on the left.

J/K Bessy!

We got good drinking water, right out of Ruth Lake (originates there).

There is a secret spring about 1/2 mile off of Hwy 36 just east of Southfork Mountain summit. It's been there as long as I can remember. It has a 1" galvanized pipe comming out of the ground. If I'm over that way I dump my water jug and fill up out of it. Probably no better than any other natural spring water, but it's a tradition. I've even stopped there when I'm on my way out of state.

Eel

The water where I live is fluoridated so we use a reverse osmosis filter to remove it. If it wasn't fluoridated I would use a standard filter, gets rid of the chlorine that way. Our other house has a community well and the water is excellent but does come out of the tap cloudy so I run it through a standard filter first. I've read the test reports on bottled waters and Nestle's Pure is the best.

I've Installed 100's of Reverse Osmosis Filtration Systems,anywhere from small to Good Sized!

Water can Change without you knowing it,they are a Great Investment,just keep them maintained!

My Well Water is Good,I still Run it through a System that eliminates any Guess!

Colds on the Left,Right Eel?:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

The sign on the freeway (1-15) said that Beaver, Utah has the best tasting water in America.

We have the best water I've ever tasted. Mountain spring water. There are a few dozen of us on the line. It gets tested a couple of times of year. As good as it gets.

My water is excellent. Everyone in my trailer park has individual wells and septic systems. My well is right next to the septic for the single wide next to me. And my septic is right next to the well for the guy on the other side. The water has more flavor than any of them new fangled RO systems Bess is installing.

Hey Eel, next time you're there filling your jug take a hike up the hill. That galvanized pipe comes right out of the outhouse up above it.

Nice NVB, That's probably why your breath, i'm told, always smells like $hit!

Joey

You haven't tasted good water until you have tried water from the high elevation of the San Luis Valley!!

Maybe; it depends on where it comes from. Several years ago there was a guy named George White who lived in Liberty. There was so much sulfur in his water, that you could light a match to it.

My sister lived on the valley floor about 30 miles east of George. Her water was so bad that even after boiling it, I refused to drink it. They got a well in 1985 or so and the sulfur smell went away.

>You haven't tasted good water until
>you have tried water from
>the high elevation of the
>San Luis Valley!!

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

That is true feddoc, I should have been more specific. The northern part of the valley has some spots of high sulfur. I know my cousins lived west of alamosa and I would refuse to drink their water. But when they would come down to our house, before they left their dad would say, "better get a drink of the holy water before we go home." No problems with sulfur in the southern part of the valley.

Glenwood water goes from an underground spring straight into the culinary water pipes. No treatment, no additives of any kind. Tested for all that ugly stuff every month according to State drinking water requirements. 54 Degrees, summer or winter.

Gooooood stuff.

DC

One thing to remember; If you aren't drinking out of the headwaters then your water goes through someone else's water treatment plant. Palisade gets it's water from the source. I don't want to live downstream.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom