How good is Trout?

NMPaul

I have been an Angel fan for about 20 years. Paying for MLB baseball is one of the luxuries I allow myself.
This season held a lot of promise with the signing of Pujols and Wilson, but, so far it has been disapointing.

The big highlight has been Mike Trout. He has been the spark plug for the team so far this year. Even with a late call up this year he has been nothing less than amazing.

Has even been compared to Mickey Mantle. I think it is to early for that, but, if he maintains his pace, that is a reasonable comparison.

2331trout1.jpg

1908trout2.jpg

Way too early for those kinds of comparisons. But he is having an amazing season. Personally, I'm always a bit skeptical until I see them repeat it for at least a year or two.

Agree, some time needs to elapse. Just the fact that he just turned 21 years old and is playing better than any other player in the MLB is enough to make you take notice though.

Giants fan here but can't keep from looking at the box scores and stats sheets just to follow how Trout is doing. Certainly one of the best all around young players to come along in a good while. I think the kid is great!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Trout so far is the story in Anaheim. Will easily win Rookie of the Year.
happy.gif

The same can't be said about the rest of the team.
sad.gif

Eldorado

so first it was cameron in his underwear and now its trout? you let dudes fondle your moobs dont you nmpaulette. r all those nm folks inbred and gay? bet u even live in the hills and have a yard full o goats for entertainment huh?

A SF Giants fan here also. Trout seems like a so so type of player. Unproven at this point.

NMPaul, I'll tell you what I'm willing to do (because I like you)

We'll trade you straight across: MELKY CABRERA for MIKE TROUT

Cabrera is batting about .350 with 60 RBI. A proven veteran.

Deal?

Eel

Melky is juiced, and gives funny interviews. Have to pass.

Trout leads the MLB in stolen bases with 39 and leads with runs at 95. His batting average is 4th at .343

This is with him turning 21 years old a few weeks ago and having a late call up.

Isnt Melky serving a drug suspension right now??

Isnt Melky serving a drug suspension right now??

only 50 games or so......be back before you know it.

NMPaul, I guess you're onto me.:)

Eel

Well, I think he could win the MVP and the Rookie of the Year in the same season. Pretty dang good I think. Watched him in triple AAA a few times and was impressed. Didn't think he'd take off like this though

Should be a lock for Rookie of the Year and will likely get some MVP attention too...I agree it's super early in his career but definitely has a chance to become something special.

99 Games

.343 AVG
.405 OBP
1.013 OPS
24 HR
70 RBI
39 SB
96 RUNS

Numbers are IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

Another SFGiants fan here too, disappointed in Lincecum this year but hopefully just a pitching slump...kid is a phenom packed into a 5'11" 175lb frame.

Trout is incredible, some of his defensive highlights this year are amazing and what he's been doing on offensive is just awesome, especially for a rookie. Agree he needs a couple of years to prove himself but sure off to a great start. Aside from his stats, he sure seems like a humble, down to earth, type of guy and I repect him for that. Not like B Harper and his antics....

LBR

It sure has been special witnessing the successes of both Trout and Harper. To be honest with you, I thought both of them would turn out to be flops, I was sure that the age and lack of mental maturity would be too much for them to overcome in their first few years with the big clubs. Boy was I wrong.

Trout has been as good as anybody in the big leagues and if the Halos are smart with him, he is somebody they can build the organization around. Easily the best rookie this year.
AVG OBP SLG OBS
.343 .405 .608 1.013
That is one helluva line for anyone big league player let alone a rookie.

As for Harper, I am also impressed. All of his attitude and antics in the minors gave me a really bad taste for him but he has completely turned it around. Kudos to the Nats for turning him into a contributor and a class act thus far.

I hope their futures continue on the same track. History in the making with these two kids.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom