how does the draw work?

elks96

Long Time Member
So I understand there is no points etc. But how does the draw work? I have to pay for the $150 license. Then I can apply for for my deer and elk tag. However I am only charged the tag fee when I draw? If I do not draw then I can buy an OTC tag?

What are the deadlines/dates? When is application deadline and when is the drawing held?

If a draw a tag will it automatically hit my card or can I choose to be notified and pay? I do not have a credit card and as such I have to have the money in my checking account. This will detemrine if I put in for elk or deer or both.

Thanks

The deadline is end of may first of June don't recall the exact date

Yes pay for license and application fees up front. Then basically you will be billed if you draw. Then you have so long to pay. Those tags that are not paid for are put in the second chance draw

I think its June 5th.

After you are notified of drawing (if you draw) you can buy your controlled hunt tag. If you don't buy it, you don't get it. You aren't billed other than the fees you already paid, the license and app fee. If you don't want your tag, don't buy it and someone else will get the chance to draw it. They won't be dipping back into your account if you draw.

If you don't draw, you can buy an OTC tag. Some elk tags are capped and some sell out each year, so if you are after one of those, buy it as soon as you are ready to.

If you do draw I believe you have until August 1st to buy the tag, They have a 2nd drawing with all the tags that didn't get bought later in the month.

You must apply by June 5th. You must purchase a nonrefundable hunting license to apply. Each application will cost you a fee of 14.75 nonrefundable. If you draw you must purchase your tag before Aug 1st if you so wish.

If you do not draw you can purchase a OTC tag for any general season.

So I tried to go online and apply for a controlled hunt for deer and the only option it gives me for a general mule deer or whitetail. Can you apply online for controlled deer hunts?

LAST EDITED ON May-23-13 AT 01:06PM (MST)[p]There is seperate option when you login to buy controlled hunt applications.
Look for the blue box below the other options

>There is a desperate option when
>you login to buy controlled
>hunt applications.

You might have misspelled "separate"

Whether you did it on purpose or not, I just about choked on my lunch I was laughing so hard...

>>There is a desperate option when
>>you login to buy controlled
>>hunt applications.
>
>
>You might have misspelled "separate"
>
>Whether you did it on purpose
>or not, I just about
>choked on my lunch I
>was laughing so hard...

Freudian slip I suppose or my stupid auto-correct....

Thanks, I'm a dummy I guess. I didn't see the blue box on the first page that said controlled hunts. Thanks for the help and good luck in the draw!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom