How do you become a "Prostaffer"?

born_2_hunt

I've always wandered how you become a prostaffer. After watching numerous hunting shows and seeing how alot of these guys hunt I know I can hunt far better than some of these guys. What does it take to become "prostaffer"? My guess is if you have enough money you can do anything.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Don't do what Coleman Houston did.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LOL I was going to say buy some big racks off ebay and make up a good story about them to get it published.....

Its not what you know, its who you know. If I had the time and the hook-ups I could do it as good or better. Im leaning towards better

I'd say having exclusive hunting rights to a huge track of land where you could host the host of the TV show while he takes the best buck off your place for free, would be a good way to start out. Also if you were able to film his hunts and send him the films of the hunts where you take huge animals, that would be a plus too.

Seems the best way though, is to be married to a super hot bodied wife that you are willing to have guys like me drool over and make rude jokes about. Hot women in hunting is the new way!!! You are certainly not going to be paid so you'll have to either have a, sugar momma, healthy trust fund, successful business that can profit while you're away, or sell drugs on the side.

Great gig if you can get it!! :)

Joey

Just start talking to right folks. Get in the loop and make a bunch of contacts. Think of these types of guys; video, photo, journalism, ammo, accessory guys like scopes and foot wear, trade show guys, outfitters, even web guys etc. There is a ton of opportunity and if you really want to make the sacrifices start making contacts and go for it.

HK

Well Im a prostaffer for a bass fishing lure co. Im 17 and got on it all by myself. just be good at what you do, and get your name out! send emails! make some phone calls! just dont let up, show em you want it!

depends on the company. anyone can be a on a pro staff. some companines like mossy oak have hundreds of them. It helps to be good at hunting or whatever is your promoting, but the bottom line is your 'pro'moting their business. it will help sell their stuff if you can kill stuff. On the other hand, like politics, the more you see the product it gets burned into your mind and that is why other compaines will have a bigger staff.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I tried it once.

I wanted to become a "prostaffer" at the Mustang Ranch. I spent a lot of time and money there and reccommended it to all my friends.

...Hell, they wouldn't even give me any free samples much less any cash!

I think the biggest thing is getting to know as many people as possible. I am a staffer for a local coyote call maker. Wasn't looking to be a staffer just posted my coyote hunting stories on another forum and he got in contact with me.

>I tried it once.
>
> I wanted to become a
>"prostaffer" at the Mustang Ranch.
>I spent a lot of
>time and money there and
>reccommended it to all my
>friends.
>
>...Hell, they wouldn't even give me
>any free samples much less
>any cash!
I had a similar experience at the Bunny Ranch. They never wanna give you free samples no matter how much time and energy you put into there employees.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I agree with most of what you guys said........Sageadvice most of all!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Talk to D13er....He is a prostaffer for the "Butt-Out" tool, and the "Bumper-Dumper".

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

love those carver calls kerry is one heack of a guy and one hell of a call maker kerry sent me some prototypes last year right before the world championships wow!!!!

I have a friend that is helping Kerry carver design calls and he gave me 4 of them and they are awesome! Very pretty calls too, ya I know that makes all the difference!

He says the politics in the hunting biz are worse than Washington.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom