How do we defend our way of life?

hossblur

Long Time Member
We've all seen the growth, and it's not from folks who lived here having kids. With that influx we are seeing the liberal politics follow. Combining that with well funded animal rights groups, I've started wondering how we get ahead of what Ore, Wash, Colorado are starting to see, non hunters and anti hunters getting in policy making for hunting.

Having a constitutional right to hunt, I don't believe is enough protection.

I'm not sure how to fend it off, as we all know the corporate hunters, like Heaton and $fw members on our boards haven't been overly helpful other than to themselves, either.

Some states require active hunting license for years or a decade prior to seats on committees or boards.

I feel like always taking for granted R governor to appoint WB is short sighted.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately I don’t see a fix for this. It’s a numbers game and there is more growing numbers of them than people like us. Really more urban than rural raising. Best we can do is educate, don’t make the neutral people enemies and fight as long as we can.

I don’t believe that Utah is a magnet for liberals in the same way as Oregon, Washington, and Colorado, but there may be some liberal enclaves in the state. Is there really any evidence that people moving into the state are any more liberal than the existing population? I read a KSL news story that nearly half of the state’s growth between July 1, 2022 and July 1, 2023 was in Utah County. Washington, Davis, Weber and Cache rounded out the top five in terms of the absolute growth numbers. I’m having a hard time believing that any of these counties are attracting a disproportionate number of liberals from other states.

Unfortunately I don’t see a fix for this. It’s a numbers game and there is more growing numbers of them than people like us. Really more urban than rural raising. Best we can do is educate, don’t make the neutral people enemies and fight as long as we can.
I think that's the best solution for right now..don't think we can change any liberal minds.. There too dense.. But we can work on the neutral folks and hope for the best

I am from California and understand your blithe. It’s a numbers game as stated earlier, but from multiple angles. More people, less open land to the public, less resources, too many private interest groups. The lands we hunt are supporting many other outdoor activities, a lot of those people do not like guns and hunting.

When them Other Types Start Their BS On Your Private Property You'll Have To Make A Stand & Protect Your Family & Properties!

God Pity The Ones That Don't Know How Well Most DRATS Are Armed In This State!

It Will Be Another Civil War Eventually!

This needs to be our 28th amendment in the constitution.

Add no Person shall be allowed to vote on any related issues without a current Hunting license (or create a conservation stamp that would allow your opinion)

Hunting is one of the most important things to me besides family, as is the same for most of you!

If our politicians can’t make this happen,
We need to band together and fix this issue and a few others.

No more removing monuments/statues because it hurts someone’s feelings!

Feel free to give your opinions on this,
I do not see any other solutions.
TB

IMG_9757.png

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom