How do these goats look.

A

amby

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-11 AT 09:43PM (MST)[p]I'm having my doubts on what a big antelope is. I'm not sure if I got my expectations to high. After putting a couple hundred miles on the pickup these are the 3 largest goats I seen. I know score isn't everything but I don't want to be disappointed when one hits the ground.

Do you guys have any tips on what to look for?

What do you think they would score and how tall are they?

1st
7701img_0040.jpg

2nd
8494img_0044.jpg

3rd
8214img_0039.jpg

I'm not an expert here, but none appear to be exceptional animals. My choice would be the third buck. The first buch does look too bad but has weak cutters, and the second is too short. The third has a nice curl and decent mass, and I'll take a chance on the prong length. Go get him.

Yeah, definitely not the second one. The first and third ones are too bad, but neither is a monster. However, you gotta take what your hunting area has to offer.

Average probably mid 70's. They lack what makes a high scoring goat. However, I sometimes shoot an antelope I like the looks of the 3rd one is cool, depending on the area I might drop him.

#3 might hit 70. Doesnt appear to have a good cutter but who knows? You really need to get good looks from every angle.

Mass is the most important thing. #3 has good top hooks that really add up the length.

Just kill one you like. Youll always know when you see him!

"You skin grizz?"

I think #3 is the only one that has a chance to make 14". After looking again none have the mass to make the mid 70's. First two are only 13' goats. I'm having the same problem with an archery antelope, 13 and about 70 is as big as I can find right now.

They're not as white as I expected they'd be. LOL.

Cool looking though. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom