How 'bout them Rangers and Giants!

R

rumproast

Ought to be a good Series now the East Coasters are out of the picture! Can't stand Filfadelphia or the Hankees!!
'Bout time for them boys to be in the limelight!!!

Rump

!!

Well - my dad would be happy for sure because it was two teams from west of the Mississippi. I was rooting for the Phillies - they have been one of my favorite teams since childhood, but now I am going to have to jump on the Rangers bandwagon. Starting next spring their Triple A affiliate will be Round Rock Express (They were the Astros Triple A club) and their stadium is less than 2 miles from my house. I always loved Nolan Ryan too - so I am happy for them.

The Giants have quite the collection of characters too though. Some really interesting story lines for that team. Hard to not be happy for their success too.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I DO LIKE THE GIANTS......BUT.....I KNOW BETTER THAN TO BET AGAINST THE RANGERS. TEXAS IS DEEP IN PITCHING, CLIFF LEE IS A HITTERS NIGHTMARE.....& A COMPLETE LINE UP OF POTENT HITTERS...GOOD SPEED......TO BOOT. .....YD.

As much as I hate that F ing city by the bay, too many frigging liberals, I think the Giants will take the series.

Roy if you can guarantee me that S.F. will drop off into the bay if the Rangers win, I will root for the Rangers.

RELH

Wow! I live just south of Dallas and have been a Rangers fan going to games for a long,long time. I am still in shock as this is beyond imagination for all of us Rangers fans.

My 2 daughters (16 and 14) who have been going to games with me all their lives are just beside themselves with joy and excitement. To see them so happy is a gift beyond measure.

True story: I am a trial lawyer and my firm had tickets to the 6th game ALCS clincher.So most of them were there. I was in trial all last week with another lawyer and 2 legal assistants so naturally we could't go.(That's why I haven't been on here lately.) Big case-important for clients,firm and of course me personally.

Jury reaches their verdict at 9:30 P.M Friday night.Victory for my clients. As we are all leaving the courthouse the security guys are watching A-Rod's final at-bat and our "team" gathers around just in time to see the Rangers win the pennant. Two celebrations rolled into one.From now on those two wins are tied together forever for me. Thanks Rangers for a lifetime memory.

P.S. RELH I can't guarantee S.F. will drop into the bay but maybe you can root for the Rangers anyway....

Im a huge Giants fan and am glad to see them play the Rangers and not the Yankees. Should be a great series down to the wire. May the besy team win. Go Giants!!

I have been a huge Giants fan for the last 48 years. It was quite a series against the Phillys but we pulled it off. The Fox Sports guys will be disappointed that the east coast teams won't be playing. I think it will be a great series and hopefully the Giants will get the money off of their back.

I like to see a underdog make it on their determination and teamwork, instead of big money buying players to form a champion team.

RELH

GOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!

Bigfly

495e731531222959.jpg

I grew up in Dallas and have been to tons of Rangers games! I was able to be at the game when Nolan Ryan threw his 5000th K. I still have the ticket all framed up. Its been a long time waiting for this moment. Go Rangers!!!

Let's see, we weren't supposed to but we beat...Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels, Derek Lowe, Tim Hudson, not to mention the best arms of the Rockies, Dodgers, and the Padres to even get here. The Giants can beat really good pitching and have been doing it right along. They have good pop in the order 1-8 yet no "star" that is depended on to carry the weight, they just seem to do what they need to do.

The year of the Giants!

Joey

I'm a Giants fan who watched this team through thick and thin this year and all I can say is....I don't know who these guys are that showed up in Giants uniforms but I like it!

In July it was 2 strikes and they might as well start heading to the bench. Now they go to the plate and its 50 50 they hit one in the gap! Confidence is a beautiful thing.

Go Giants

Congrats to the Rangers and their Fans tonight. The Rangers played slick D, good pitching, and held down the Giants when they needed to.

Your closer is just unfair!! I'm thinking of ways to file a protest. ;-)

Joey

I hope the Giants lose the same way they lost the WS to the Angels. They thought they had it won, then the Angels win game 6 and game 7. Classic.

The last game of the World Series starts in about 20 minutes. Enjoy it, because Tim Lincecum will not be denied!

Eel

Giants win!!!
Some of the most outstanding pitching stuff I've ever watched, those guys on the mound this playoff.
What a team effort as a whole, though.
Congrats to the Boys by the Bay!!

Rump

My Rangers obviously couldn't handle the Giants' pitching.They are a fine team and deserved to win without a doubt. My feeling is the Rangers were so elated after winning the Pennant they just didn't have enough to finish the job-not an excuse but just the fact IMO.

We are all still very proud of them down here in TX.

Anybody else notice the emlem on the back of their world series hats during the celebration afterwards?

World_Series_Giants_Rangers_Baseball.sff_201224_team.jpg

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom