How 'bout them Broncos II!!

Roy

The other thread was getting too long. I wanted to post this one to get some excitement going for the playoff run.

This kid is excited:

So is his DAD!!

I will post pics of the game and the experience when we get back.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Yeah - we actually debated it though, but the airfare was just a little too much, plus the tickets themselves were a little cheaper in Houston. I got them in September though, when the Texans were 2-0 and looked to be a contender. I haven't checked, but I am sure they have decreased dramatically from what I paid for them - sure wish I could have paid what the face value says they are! Nothing like knowing you paid almost a 300% markup to make you feel not-so good about your purchase!

Still, for a 16th birthday present, we felt it was way worth it. A lot cheaper than a car!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]Hey Roy! The schedules I see show a 11 AM MST start time for the game. In your video I hear you say it's a 2PM start time. I'm not seeing a three hour time difference between Colorado and Texas? Just hoping you show up at the right time. It would be a bummer to show up for a 2PM game that started at 11! It would kind of taint a perfect birthday present.

Binocs for the game? Pony up some dough Roy get down outta the nose bleeds! He only turns 16 once! :)

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]BeanMan - looks like you are right. It is a 12PM CST start time. I was thinking it was 2PM, then I looked at it again and firgured it out. Don't worry - we WON'T be late! We are leaving on Saturday, staying the night in Houston, right across the street then we will walk over in the morning before the game.

HorseCreek - no worries. They are good seats. The binos are more or less symbolic - though, I am pretty impressed with them for what they cost!

HOOK 'EM!

Roy. as much as I like hammering the Broncos and the Peyton experiment, it's a great thing you are doing with your son. Have a good time. mtmuley

Thanks mtmuley! I know it is all in good fun. You are one of those guys who are fun to talk sports with because you give out as much as you take and you don't take it too personal. These threads are some of the funnest of the year!

I will make sure to take some good pics and post them here!

HOOK 'EM!

I see the Broncos handled the Texans. Roy, would you take me to a Cowboys game sometime? Looking forward to pictures. mtmuley

Fantastic win for Denver! :)
Now one last piece of the puzzle to go.
Not going to lie, I don't have much confidence going into this next one against the Patriots, home field advantage or not!!

Donkeys almost found a way to let San Diego back in it. 6-7 dropped passes, bone head mental mistakes and of course the defense giving up big passes. Good luck with New England. I predict a loss for the horses.

Seattle vs. New England in the SuperBowl so says my Bookie in Las Vegas.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, you better find another Bookie. He said that NC was going to beat the Niners. How'd that work out? ;-)

You Denver Fans got rights to be proud of your team. They are playing very well and to be reckoned with!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Why are you worried about a game that was virtually over at Halftime? Even though the score was only 14-0?

Look at it this way - the Broncos held the Chargers and Phillip Ritalin to 0 points in that first half and a total of 57 yards. If just a couple of things go differently for them in that half, including Wes Welker not letting a sure TD go right through his arms into the hands of the SD defender, the score at the half is at least 21-0. Denver scores a TD and an FG in the third, and missed another FG (only Prater's 2nd miss all year) and San Diego is still sitting with a goose egg. So, if everything falls in Denver's favor, it would have made it 27 - 0 before the Chargers and Philip Ritalin ever see the endzone! Now, that is all just woulda-coulda-shoulda and it was not the reality, but it does tell you this: Denver totally DOMINATED Ritalin and the Chargers for those 3 quarters. So while it was only 17-0 to start the 4th Quarter it seemed bigger than that.

Nevertheless, Ritalin drove his team down on the first drive of the 4th Q and scored a TD. Pretty impressive drive actually. The dude can throw the pill as good as any of them out there. Keenan Allen is a superstar in waiting - Broncos fans might have to watch out for him!

But, then Denver answered right back though with a gritty, time-consuming, power-running drive and scored with Knoshown ploughing through the San Diego line like a missouri mule through spring loam! I knew that no matter what Ritalin did with his team on the next drive the Broncos were going to control the clock with the run, move the chains, possibly score and keep it to a 2 possession game.

So the Chargers come down, kick a field goal only got the ball back because of a gimmicky on-side kick, (that Decker actually had first - don't drop that ball Erick!!!!

The score again, making it 24-17, but at that point it really should have been 31-10 Denver. The game then ended with Denver killing the clock with a slow, time churning drive on the ground with Moreno and Ball running it down their throats.

So yeah, the score was close, but the game really wasn't.

I ain't as worried about the Patriots as a team as I am about the 9er's or the SeaChickens. Either way, it should be a great round of games.

HOOK 'EM!

Yeah yeah yeah, with that logic my Bears would be in the playoffs with home field advantage and their ticket already punched to the Super Bowl. Donkeys are screwed this Sunday. Manning is Billy belichick's #####.

Traditional >>>------->

Well Horsecreek - like I said, there is a lot of shoulda woulda coulda in there but the bottom line is that they DID win. They DID advance. The DO have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but no one is saying their ticket to the SuperBowl is punched. They did what they had to do and really, that is all that counts. Win or play golf with the Bears! I like their prospects against the Patriots, that is all I am saying.

The Bears? Really? Nice contract Cutler. (SLOW CLAPS)

HOOK 'EM!

I have all the faith in the world in my Broncos through the third quarter, then that's where I get scared as Brady turns on the heat and refuses to die.
Denver definitely has more weapons than the Patriots, including our loud fans that just as we saw yesterday, totally threw Rivers for a loop.
All these records Manning has set this year mean nothing without a championship.......and he knows it ;-)

What should really worry the Bronco's is how good the Pat's running game is. It sure has come on strong lately and we all know Brady can throw... However it will probably come down to who has the ball with under 2 minutes remaining in the game...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Talk about windy,Lost my voice so I guess I did my part.
We suffered a huge loss yesterday we lost Chris Harris jr,
to a torn ACL.His replacement came in in the 2nd half and got chewed up even on that 4th and long play.

Assuming the bronchos get past the Patriots, which I hope they don't, things will get real tough. I can't wait until either the Seahawks or 9ers defense gets ahold of either AFC team. mtmuley

Roy, I was givin ya some chit. I've never liked the donkeys but I've always loved manning. I don't think he'll beat billy tho. You guys better hope for sunny and 65!

>Well Horsecreek - like I said,
>there is a lot of
>shoulda woulda coulda in there
>but the bottom line is
>that they DID win. They
>DID advance. The DO have
>home field advantage throughout the
>playoffs, but no one is
>saying their ticket to the
>SuperBowl is punched. They did
>what they had to do
>and really, that is all
>that counts. Win or play
>golf with the Bears! I
>like their prospects against the
>Patriots, that is all I
>am saying.
>
>The Bears? Really? Nice contract Cutler.
>(SLOW CLAPS)
>
>
>HOOK 'EM!
>_______________________________________
>
>Since I am frequently asked about
>my religion on this site
>and others, I have created
>a profile that explains my
>beliefs. If you are interested
>in finding out more about
>my faith, please visit the
>link below:
>
>http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Traditional >>>------->

;-)

Glad you can give as well as take! LOL

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom