HOW BOUT IT RELH???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
When I Was Young!

There was a Knife Maker in Ephraim Utah Named Harvey Draper AKA DRAPER KNIVES!

I never had any of His Knives!

Wished I Woulda bought a couple of them but I Was Kinda Young at the time!

Just wondering if You've ever Heard of Him or His Knives?

Can not recall Draper, but recognized several names of knife makers he had worked with. Most of them were making knives long before I started around 2004. Heck, I used to carry a boot knife made by A.G. Russel in my patrol days. lost that darn knife in a canal after a foot chase with a felony suspect that had jumped into the canal trying to get away from me. Got the suspect but lost a darn good knife in the process.

RELH

I can not keep my silence any longer since Eel dimed out 1911 and the famous dish washer. Since 1911 and his famous dish washer, I now include instructions with each knife, "don't put your Hatfield knife in the damn dishwasher".
I repaired 1911's knife due to the heat and hot water caused the wood scales to warp and pull away from the steel tang. I also had to laugh about the whole thing as it was not 1911 that put the the knife in the dish washer, it was his daughter.
The funny part was that 1911 could not berate his daughter for doing it as she USED HIS KNIFE TO FIELD DRESS AND CLEAN THE DEER HE SHOT. That is a great daughter in any person's book. If he berated her, guess who will be cleaning and field dressing their own deer in the future.
Sorry 1911, but Eel dime you out and I could not keep my silence. In fact I still laugh about the whole incident. Now I will sit back and wait for our members to harass the heck out of you for not field dressing your own deer. I bet you Lil Red is laughing her head off.

RELH

Berate him?! Are you kidding me RELH?!?! He got his daughter to gut HIS deer? Give the man a plaque I say! I'm just wondering if he offers daughter training? Lol

Alwayshunting, I have heard a rumor when any boy comes around to date her, 1911 is always cleaning his pistol and giving the boy the third degree because he does not want her getting married to soon and leaving home. Sounds a little selfish to me to keep her home and cleaning his game animals for him.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom