How big?

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
Can't decide if I'm ready to try and notch my tag or not. Haven't had a lot of action, but I got this guy coming in. Is this a decent bear for utah? What does everyone think?
robspics287.jpg

robspics290.jpg

Elkoholic.gif

Depends if the area is known for producing big bears. This bear looks big enough to me. I would definitely drop him.

Eldorado

He doesn't look like a juvenile, in which case, he's big enough for me...

Especially if you aren't getting a lot of action... Are you going to be happy if you don't notch your tag, knowing you could have had this guy...?? That's the real question... Pretty good lookin hide too...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-11 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Not an expert but it looks a little small to me. He has big looking ears and does not look tall. I would guess he doesn't even hit 200 lbs. As mentioned though he does have a great coat.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Tough call. It's been really slow. He didn't show yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if I missed my chance.

Elkoholic.gif

Looks about 130 lbs...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

He is definelty not a monster but he doesn't have to be to make a nice bear! he is probably around a 5 footer. one way for you to tell since its your bait pile measure how long the logs are behind him. you put them there and it appears he is the same length. If you don't like the camera angle move the camera further to the left so when the bear walks by the logs you get an even better side by side profile picture. Bears are hard to judge in photos without reference. You can use anything in the world as a reference when baiting bears, a lot of people will use barrels. if the bear is twice the size fo the barrel it a big bear if hes is smaller than the barrel hes just a little fella. Good luck and if you whack him post the pic for us! Find the horn Goose!

not a shooter. Look how long the legs look and how thin his body looks. Young bear. Personally I'd rather eat tag soup than shoot a dink bear. Then again if your on a budget, bear rugs are charged by the foot.

Looks like a boar to me, I think you'd be surprised when you got him on the ground. He's not a 7 footer, but he's a dang nice bear. Especially if you shoot him with a bow.

Its a friggin bear! who cares, shoot the damn thing. Whens the last time you went some where and said "wow, that bears only 5 feet. I just can't believe they only made a 5 foot bear rug. Its well known ethical people only make rugs out of 7 foot bears!"

I think 90% of people really only look at a bear rug and say "wow, what a full and furry rug, how beautiful!"

I'm just dying laughing at these people on here critiquing the length of a bear. I guess the hypocricy on here knows no bounds lol!

I WANTED a bear rug for a LONG time. I shot the first bear I saw. It turned out to be above average size (for Idaho). I've shot several more since then.

I tend to agree that (seldom) does one question the size of the rug....but that is NOT a big bear.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom