Hotwire.com

Deerlove

Long Time Member
I go to book a hotel for a family vacation and find a 4 star + hotel for a good price. It shows me what part of town it's in but wont show the hotel name UNless I book it. What's up with that?

that kinda sucks that you can't get the name but they are no boubt tired of the motel and guest cutting them out of the commission equation....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It could also be due to the fact that there are multiple hotels in that area that are offering that rate, and the website doesn't "know" which one is queued to be booked until it happens.

Priceline is much the same way - you won't know where for sure until you book, but you can book a certain level of hotel and be assured of the quality by the rating.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Go with it - if it is in the area you like and it is 4 1/2 stars - it is more than likely a good place.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-09 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p]I don't know about Hotwire but I'll never use Priceline again. I made a reservation well in advance using Priceline, showed up to the hotel at like 10:30pm and they said they were full and had no record of my reservation. I called Priceline and asked them what the deal was. The gumby who answered told me I'd have to call back in the morning because no one who was there could help me. There wasn't a vacant room in town, so I was screwed. When I called Priceline the next morning, they said 'we have a policy of no refunds, but this time only we'll refund your money'.

This is a no name hotel. Not sure how many stars it is.

4a3bfac60ad07171.jpg

I'd use a different internet broker if it was me.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom