Hospital beds

feddoc

Long Time Member
The most current topic about hospital beds, in the media, is that we will run out of ICU beds. True enough, but, if you knew the real story about hospital beds, and the things needed for an 'ICU' bed/room, it may ease your mind a bit. Of far greater importance is the number of folks a hospital has who are ICU trained.

There is no physical difference, which I am aware of, between a normal bed and an ICU bed.

Of far greater importance is the number of patients an ICU nurse is responsible for (limited number) vs. a general floor nurse (lots more patients).

Every room and bed in any hospital could be used as an ICU bed. IF staffing was sufficient.

There is some genuine and necessary care needed to survive this virus. But there is also some media generated BS that is misleading, at best. Rember, the media would like to have us believe only they can (create and) solve problems.

Signed, a health care scientist who happens to be board certified.

There's plenty of unemployed strippers that we could rush through a little training course and get them back on the payroll and nursing. A lot of them already have the outfit. Make sure the drug cabinet stays locked though.

While your basic premise is correct. My personal experience indicates ICU beds are different from "normal" hospital beds at least in the ICU unit I was in.
And thank god the personnel are better trained than a rushed through training stripper.

There's plenty of unemployed strippers that we could rush through a little training course and get them back on the payroll and nursing. A lot of them already have the outfit. Make sure the drug cabinet stays locked though.

I dont think anyone wants anything to do with your type of strippers.

Damn! think you could point me in the right direction as to where I could locate some of them unemployed strippers?
I could find plenty of odds and ends around my place to get em working again..

Feddoc, I'm no expert but I wonder if when they say they don't have enough ICU beds or they have xx many pediatric beds there are talking about slots in an ICU where they can put patients. Not necessarily the bed those patients lay on. So one ICU bed is the slot, the bed, the nurses, the extraneous equipment and resources etc a person in ICU would need.

Maybe so. That I would understand...not enough qualified folks; therefore not enough beds/slots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom