Horseback elk hunt

pushin_30

Very Active Member
Looking for recommendations on an outfitter guided or drop camp on horseback. My daughter graduates next year and wants to do a horseback elk hunt in the backcountry. I know with NR tag allocations changes in a lot of states. Looking for OTC options as the only points she has in in Utah.
This would be for the 2026 season
Thanks

Check out the South Fork of the Shoshone river. JJ used to own the outfit that operated there , he sold out and then they sold out. but assuming they're a decent outfit still you wouldn't regret going in there. great hunting in the biggest roadless area in the lower 48. you could buy a preference point this year and next to assure drawing a tag. whether they are booked up or not would be your biggest obstacle to a great hunt.

The Thorofare would be another option. watch out for the mass production outfits it's probably not what a father daughter hunt would be ideally.

I would contact Rusty Farnsworth in Mountain Home. He is a great guy and has awesome stock. I think his business is Rusty Farnsworth outfitting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom