Horse Lovers

A

archerelk

This is a video of my daughter this past weekend at a barrel race. She just turned 14 and finished 1st in 2d. She trained this horse herself, we bought it out of a pasture where it had been left to graze for over a year. I am pretty proud of what she has accomplished. The amazing thing is she is still holding this horse back a bit. Next goal is to be 1st in 1D.

http://youtu.be/mzuiX5YZKqw

Good for her; that last turn was really nice.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

She showed great control and composure, especially in rounding the barrels. Well done young lady.

Eldorado

Hell yeah. Good clean smooth run a horse that had been laid off that long. She did an excellent job with him. proud moment for ya! Might just see this young lady riding in the NFR Vegas someday

Believe it or not, that horse is 11 and had never turned a barrel before my daughter got her a year ago. Now the horse is pretty much automatic.

Yes I am a proud father bragging on my daughter. I never knew how much went into barrel racing until the last year. It's unbelievable to see my daughter go out to these big shows and compete with the weekend warriors and even some of the pros, and actually be competitive.

NFR may be a few years off, but right now it looks like she will make the Alabama Junior Rodeo finals as well as the NBHA and IBRA world finals.

She is starting a breeding program this year in hopes of producing a 1D horse for college in a few years, then maybe the WPCA.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You right the ouside of a horse is good for the inside of a man. I spoil ours like they are my children.

Great story! I'd like to get my daughter into that soon. Good for her.

It's nice to see that a little earthquake didn't stop the competition.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 02:07PM (MST)[p]looks like a cool project for a kid to get into. Nice going dad!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom