Horrible!!!!

I think his range permits for his cattle need to be revoked.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-12 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]I don't really know the situation, sounds like the guy acted way beyond what he should have. If land owners were really worried about elk and deer they could put up fences, they just don't because it requires work and we as a people are lazy. What's easier, putting up a fence or shooting them when they come around? Until the DWR actually puts a foot down they (he) will continue shooting.

We get cattle during the summer that come onto the property our cabin sits on. Does that give me the right to shoot?

My question is to when this happened and where? Are we talking the fields in Kingston canyon, closer to Antimony, or actually down in Angle? I went out hiking a few times in early April around Otter Creek and certainly wasn't seeing sign of elk that low.

Not questioning that this happened, just curious as to where and when? My guess would be a few months ago?

Tuesday 4/24, in Marysvale not angle the ones he shot a few years ago were in angle.

Thanks for the clarification. Something needs to be done one way or another.

Takes 10 bulls, which takes 10 opportunities away from hunters. Those 10 hunters spend 15 years applying for the tag, which together just in application fees is $1,500 + another $3,500 for the combination liscense. He's costing the public $5,000 and the DWR another $3,000 in tag fees because he's being lazy and impatient. Have those elk cost him $10,000 in damage?

I'm no farmer/rancher and have nothing against them, but I have always been curious how they come up with the numbers concerning damage from elk and deer.

What SW said. His cows dont deserve one blade of public land grass if wildlife cant have a few blades of his.

I think there is more to this story then most of you know. It does sound bad but I've heard the land owner has had this problem for years. The local DWR continually tell them they will do something about it, but alttle on the lazy side, nothing gets done. Their assets need to be protected.

Its about cost of a 8 ft high fence and the cost of putting it up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>I think there is more to

>this story then most of
>you know. It does
>sound bad but I've heard
>the land owner has had
>this problem for years.
>The local DWR continually tell
>them they will do something
>about it, but alttle on
>the lazy side, nothing gets
>done. Their assets need
>to be protected.

IF I poach these animals I am charged with restitution. I believe its in the $5000 range per animal. So he gets the bill for $25,000, plus the billed hours for the DWR to remove the animals(without a vehicle, shows what kind of azz he is), plus the butchering bill for all five. He can then subtract out PROVEABLE DAMAGE(by a reputible third party). Then I think we should discuss his mtn. permits, and he should be aware that after his off mtn. date, his cows are now in my freezer, as well as any that cross off of his allotted grazing zone, I am sure he is very diligent in his herding practices. He will also be billed for any and all damage done by said cows, as well as time for the BLM/forest service to correct the situation. We all support grazing, seems like a fair trade for the rancher having our wildlife on his ground, BUT, in this case it seems we have a problem, so there are actually policies in place for such cases. Seems pretty open and shut. Obviously this gentleman is a buisness man first, so this is how buisness is done.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

The article about this came out today on the front page of the local paper The Richfield Reaper.The article says that the property owners name is Gary Allen and he shot 7 elk this time due to damaging his crops.

FOUNDER, thanks for not running for the hills when this came to our attention. Seems the forum that originally posted this is a little lawyer paranoid so when I posted this clowns name, I received a nice note letting me know that I received a week suspension. Good to know that you can see this is wrong and let your forum discuss it.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom